Baked Potatoes with...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite baked potato is a nice sized russet, holes poked with a fork all over, baked without foil in a hot oven. Cut in half, fluff up the meat a little with a fork, top with some butter, blue cheese and crumbled bacon. YUM! :)

All your topping sound yummy guys :)

My favourite topping for baked potatoes is chopped onion and swiss chard sauteed with garlic and chillies and topped with sharp cheddar cheese sauce.

I also like to scoop out the flesh (save it for mash) then adding a knob of butter to the potato skin, then adding an egg into the hollow, season with salt and pepper and some chopped chillies. Top with grated cheese and grill in a hot oven till cheese is melted and the egg white is set and the yolk still runny. Served with crispy bacon and roasted tomatoes.

If we eat out I order baked potato with lots of sour cream and it it with green salad.

My kids like baked potato stuffed with baked beans and a little mayo. Topped with grated cheese then grilled till crisp on top.

Sometimes we top our baked potatoes with curried ground beef and eat as a main dish etc. etc.

At Fanueil Hall (a tourist trap) there is a pushcart that sells just baked potatoes with any topping you want. He must have at least 25 choices. Does a great business during the summer. And they have crispy skins, no foil. When I worked in the Financial District, I would run up there and get a couple for lunch. :angel:

Many years ago there used to be a baked potato store in one of the local malls. They had huge potatos like Tattrat's pictures. I loved their cheddar, sour cream, butter, bacon potatos and would almost always get that but once in a while would get their seafood potato, which was a mix of crab and shrimp in a creamy sauce. Sadly, they closed up shop, though I really don't know why as every time I was in there place was packed.

I'm so glad I can peek. ;)

Life isn't worth it without a peek every now and then. :)

I got lazy last night and just baked my taters so no peeking was necessary. :LOL:

And I went simple with Salt, Pepper,and Butter. :rolleyes:

A baked tater and Home made chicken soup made a woderful meal for a cold night. :yum:

Sometimes simple is the best. :chef:

normally just sour cream and cheese ... but if i have the stuff .. pulled pork, sour cream, bacon and cheese .. and maybe a smidgen of bbq sauce ..

I love baked potatoes with tuna mornay :yum:

I was thinking that there wasn't a bad way to serve a baked potato until I read this one, my friend. It's only because I don't like tuna, but this one doesn't sound good to me. Isn't it nice that there are so many different ways to top a potato? I just love baked potatoes! It depends on my mood, and today chicken, fried onions, peppers, and cheese sounds great!

A big fat potato topped with sliced green onions, butter, and a splash of vinegar,salt and pepper
kades

It's too late for me to have a baked potato...I should have left this forum alone tonight!

Oh Snip!
Whatever would I do without you? I've only got about 10 litres of the stuff in my store cupboard because I use it all the time. Never put 2 and 2 together. Thank you. Obviously I'm not up on the jingo!!

Back
Top Bottom