Baked stuffed potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
A funny story, then HELPPPPPPPP:ohmy:
We've been invited to a picnic bbq. On the invitation it said "side dishe welcomed"....so, when I RSVP'd, I said I would make baked stuffed potatoes. Got a lovely thankyou e mail back from our hostess, and at the end of it, she said there'd be about 30 guests!!!!!....OY!
Anyway....I always cut mine in half, therefore getting 2 servings from each tater, but.....is there a fast way.....can I MW them first for awhile then put them in the oven?....I'm not going to make different stuffings, just the mashed taters, sour cream, butter, shredded cheddar and green onion or chives with sprinkling of garlic powder.
So, am I on the right track or do any of you wonderful DC'ers have some bright ideas for me?....thanks in advance gang.....ella

I steam mine till cooked but leave them whole. Then you can cut them in half before you stuff them and finish in the oven. Stuffing sounds fine to me, maybe take some crisp bacon along for guest to add if they eat meat?

Ella, I always just put the potatoes in the oven. I have had issues with potatoes microwaved then oven baked. You can easily bake 15-20 potatoes at one time. 400º F for 30-4 minutes.

This will not be quite the same but, it will save you a lot of work.
Hash Brown Casserole

2 lbs. frozen hash browns (do not use shredded)
2 Cups. cheddar cheese, shredded
½ pint sour cream
½ C. chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
½ C. melted butter

TOPPING
1-1/2 C. crushed potato chips
1/3 C. melted butter

Mix all together except topping. Refrigerate overnight in 13X9 inch pan. When ready to bake, top with potato chips mixed with butter. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

This will not be quite the same but, it will save you a lot of work.
Hash Brown Casserole

2 lbs. frozen hash browns (do not use shredded)
2 Cups. cheddar cheese, shredded
½ pint sour cream
½ C. chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
½ C. melted butter

TOPPING
1-1/2 C. crushed potato chips
1/3 C. melted butter

Mix all together except topping. Refrigerate overnight in 13X9 inch pan. When ready to bake, top with potato chips mixed with butter. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

One of my neighbors made something similar to this for a brunch. She just brought me the recipe a couple weeks ago. Very similar, but she adds crumbled bacon, pepperjack and velveeta. Heaven in a casserole dish, lol.

One of my neighbors made something similar to this for a brunch. She just brought me the recipe a couple weeks ago. Very similar, but she adds crumbled bacon, pepperjack and velveeta. Heaven in a casserole dish, lol.

I have used ham or bacon in the past but, I never thought of the pepperjack. That extra kick would be a nice addition.

It makes a GREAT potato salad... bake the taters, scoop out some of each center, mix that with the seasonings... like barely mashed. Take the rest of the taters, skins included and dice them up, then mix in the slightly mashed and adjust the seasonings. I like to add crumbled bacon.
Baked Stuffed Potato Salad!

Back
Top Bottom