Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
I was leafing through one of those old "throwaway" recipe magazines this morning and found a recipe that I will absolutely make the next time I have a bunch of people over for a barbecue (which will be in just a few weeks):

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup cooked white rice
4 medium green onions, sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS lime juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
3 large bell peppers (1 green, one yellow, 1 red) cut lengthwise in half and seeds removed
1 roma tomato, diced

Mix rice, beans, onions, cilantro, oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Fill peppers with bean mixture and wrap in foil. Put on grill for about 20-30 minutes until done. (Or, you could cook them in the oven). Garnish with chopped tomato and additional cilantro

I think these sound really good. Think I will add more garlic and maybe some cheese would be a nice addition as well.

this not only sounds delish but also pretty healthful. Like your ideas about add-ins too.

will put it in front of my folks soon, thanks Karen

We are also eating many more meatless meals these days. This will be a good one, especially with a little cheese, I think. Add some fresh fruit to the plate and it would be delicious. Hope you enjoy.

You want a really good pepper stuffing, try using some left-over jambalaya, or, if you have a kid like mine and haven't seen leftover anything in quite a few years, make up a quick batch of Zatarain's jambalaya and stuff your peppers when your kid isn't looking.

I was leafing through one of those old "throwaway" recipe magazines this morning and found a recipe that I will absolutely make the next time I have a bunch of people over for a barbecue (which will be in just a few weeks):

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup cooked white rice
4 medium green onions, sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS lime juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
3 large bell peppers (1 green, one yellow, 1 red) cut lengthwise in half and seeds removed
1 roma tomato, diced

Mix rice, beans, onions, cilantro, oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Fill peppers with bean mixture and wrap in foil. Put on grill for about 20-30 minutes until done. (Or, you could cook them in the oven). Garnish with chopped tomato and additional cilantro

I think these sound really good. Think I will add more garlic and maybe some cheese would be a nice addition as well.
Hola amiga, Nice recipe. Might I also suggest you try a serving of ground chorizo or ground pork. Yes, no longer vegetarian, but absolutely yummy tasting. Chau, Marti'n

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom