Bobby Flay's Creamed Corn Succotash w/ Edamame and Cojita

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I was watching Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction this morning, and thought this looked so good. :yum: I'll be making this one for sure, but will cut the recipe in half as it makes too much for just me. This would be wonderful as a side dish for fish tacos.

I would sub heavy cream for the crème fraiche, since that's something I never have on had and it only calls for a few TBS.

Creamed Corn Succotash with Cotija Recipe : Bobby Flay : Food Network

I would substitute sour cream for the creme fraiche. Or I might even substituted plain or Greek yogourt. Creme fraiche is basically a high butterfat sour cream.

Thanks, Taxy. :) I also thought about mixing sour cream with a little heavy cream for a more 'mixable' fake crème.

Thanks, Taxy. :) I also thought about mixing sour cream with a little heavy cream for a more 'mixable' fake crème.
Actually, IIRC, Julia Child wrote to mix a bit of heavy cream into some sour cream and let it sit in a warm spot for a few hours, as a method of making creme fraiche.

Mmmm, that does sound good. I like BBQ Addiction, too.

GG, that's one of my fave cooking shows. His style of cooking, with so many fresh ingredients with a southwestern flair, really appeals to me. Not to mention the grilling. :ohmy::yum:

Plus, the setting is so beautiful with the lawn and pool in the background. I was curious if it was his actual Long Island home and did some searching around, but near as I could tell, I think it's a rental property.

It's incredible what goes into filming these shows!
Feeding the Flames: Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction

Actually, IIRC, Julia Child wrote to mix a bit of heavy cream into some sour cream and let it sit in a warm spot for a few hours, as a method of making creme fraiche.

I think I'll go with mixing the two - I'll be halving the recipe anway, so it will be such a small amount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom