Broccoli/bleu cheese casserole TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I've never been satisfied with the broccoli casseroles I've tasted, so I put this one together from things I had on hand. It was sinfully delicious.

Broccoli/bleu cheese casserole

1 can Campbell’s Chunky Broccoli Cheese soup
3 oz cream cheese
¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
3-4 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched until crisp/tender.
1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers

Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl and microwave until cheese is melted. Give it a stir and mix with drained broccoli in a casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers, and bake uncovered, at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until bubbling.

If you don’t have the Chunky Broccoli Cheese soup, substitute any condensed “cream of” soup plus ½ cup of milk and 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.

Last edited:
Constance said:
3 oz cream cheese
You know what? This sounds good enough to eat all by itself as dinner for me;), yummmo

I've never been satisfied with the broccoli casseroles I've tasted, so I put this one together from things I had on hand. It was sinfully delicious.

3 oz cream cheese

Mix first 3 ingredients, nuke until cheese is melted and stir. Stir in drained broccoli, top with crushed crackers, and bake as above.

If you don’t have the Chunky Broccoli Cheese soup, substitute any condensed “cream of” soup plus ½ cup of milk and 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.

Constance, curious as to where the "bake as above" directions are. How long do you 'nuke'?

Last edited:
my bf hates broccoli but this looks yum, might do what LEFSElover said and eat it myself :)

thanks!

I've edited the recipe to make the directions more clear. Sorry about that.

It is good enough to make a meal off of, LEFSElover! You could even add a little crumbled bacon to it, if you want to "kick it up a notch".

This sounds really good... have you ever tried anything other than bleu cheese? I'll eat it if I have to, but I'm not a fan. Does it kind of just blend in and add to the whole dish? Could you do this and just leave it out? Substitute another cheese? I want to try it but I'm not sure I would like it with the bleu cheese.

Back
Top Bottom