Broccoli dish using microwave
If you do not have a microwave oven, you can easily do it over the stove.
BROCCOLI WITH TOFU SAUCE
(Cooked in microwave at 650 W)
350gm broccoli, cut into florets
150gm medium-sized prawns, shelled with tail intact
3 shallots, sliced
1-1/2 tbsp oil
2 tbsps water
Pinch of salt and sugar
1. Marinate prawns with a pinch of salt and sugar.
2. Put shallots and oil in a bowl and micowave for 3 to 3-1/2 mins, uncovered.
3. Put broccoli, prawns, 2 tbsps water and shallot, oil in a 2-litre casserole and microwave for 3 to 3-1/2 mins covered. Set aside.
Tofu Sauce Ingredients:
300gm silken tofu, mashed and drained
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp wine
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1/4 cup water
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp oil
Dash of pepper
1. Mix cornflour with the water. Set aside.
2. Put all ingredients except egg white and cornflour mixture in 1-litre casserole and microwave for 2-1/2 mins, covered.
3. Stir in egg white and cornflour mixture and cook for 1-1/2 mins covered.
To assemble dish, pour sauce over broccoli and garnish with golden brown shallots. Garnish dish with 1 tbsp grated carrot.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating!