"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Brussel Sprouts and Dijon

I love Brussel Sprouts. and look for different ways to fix them..Tried this and
really enjoyed them.this makes a lot so size down if you think you might want to try this recipe.
3-10 oz. packs of frozen baby sprouts, cook the sprouts in 1/4 lb. of butter and 1/4 c. of white wine til slightly crisp. Stir in 2 Tab. Dijon and 1/4 tea.sage and 1 c. heavy cream. Cook til it gets thick. and sprouts are well coated...Then when you serve sprinkle with some toasted sliced almonds.. I really like it, even the little guy gave it a try

kadesma

__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,783
You had me at Dijon. Thanks, Kadesma.
__________________

__________________
*amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
welcome Amy..
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
welcome Amy..
kadesma
It must be Friday.

Seriously, love those brussels sprouts. Always try to keep em around. (Even the baby frozen ones. Ssshhh. . It will be our little secret. )
__________________
*amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
It must be Friday.

Seriously, love those brussels sprouts. Always try to keep em around. (Even the baby frozen ones. Ssshhh. . It will be our little secret. )
I won't tell It is friday, but at least I'm getting to do what I want for a change and it feels so good..Will be glad when the new cooktop goes in, i am having withdrawel symptoms from not cooking except with a hot plate..The kitchen really looks beutiful with the granet counters and the tuscan backsplash tiles...It is wahta I've wnated for several years now..At last it's all in and just needs to put the protective coating on and I can get busy..
Now back to those sprouts.. If you find any ideas, toss them my way..love the things...Do you ever roast yours and put evoo and grey salt on them? My sis gave me a variety of salts and the grey salt with sun dried tomatoes and roasted garlic is great on the sprouts..

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I won't tell It is friday, but at least I'm getting to do what I want for a change and it feels so good..Will be glad when the new cooktop goes in, i am having withdrawel symptoms from not cooking except with a hot plate..The kitchen really looks beutiful with the granet counters and the tuscan backsplash tiles...It is wahta I've wnated for several years now..At last it's all in and just needs to put the protective coating on and I can get busy..
Now back to those sprouts.. If you find any ideas, toss them my way..love the things...Do you ever roast yours and put evoo and grey salt on them? My sis gave me a variety of salts and the grey salt with sun dried tomatoes and roasted garlic is great on the sprouts..

kadesma
A new kitchen - how exciting! When all the dust settles, & you have a chance, would love to see the pics.

Roasted is one of my faves - w lemon juice, (oil) s&p. Next time I want to try the broiled lemon salad dressing (Broiled Lemon Salad Dressing - Slashfood over the sprouts. Or, change out the lemons w limes or tangellos. (Love tangellos - have find when they're in season here.) Last count, I have about 20 diff ways to prepare em. A few sprout dishes I like...

Brussels sprouts (steamed or roasted)/pancetta/toasted pine nuts & shaved parm reg. Served over buttered broad noodles -- makes it a meal, for me.

Julia has a great recipe I like - chopped sprouts w cream.

Yet another, I'm fond of, is StephenCooks recipe - brussels sprouts pancakes. Jersey Jay posted a great pic. I could go on & on, but I'm happy with a small bowl of buttered brussels sprouts w s&p - real comfort food. YUM.

Here's a reason to throw a party
Oysters, Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta Gratin
__________________
*amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 20,308
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Those all sound great but, I even like them just steamed with a little salt.
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Those all sound great but, I even like them just steamed with a little salt.
Me too pds..just plain and simple..

kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Wow those sound great. After each ingredient you mentioned I kept thinking they just keep getting better
__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Wow those sound great. After each ingredient you mentioned I kept thinking they just keep getting better
Thanks Gb,
they are good.

kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.