Brussels Sprouts, Rice & Prosciutto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Brussels Sprouts, Rice & Prosicutto

1 (10-ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup cooked long-grain rice
1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine the Brussels sprouts and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover sprouts, and cook 1 minute. Drain.

Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add milk to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes over medium heat or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Set aside.

Coat a 9-inch quiche or round baking dish with cooking spray. Pat rice into bottom of dish; arrange Brussels sprouts, stem sides down, on top of rice. Sprinkle Brussels sprouts with prosciutto; pour sauce over prosciutto.

Combine breadcrumbs and cheese; sprinkle over sauce. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

sounds really good...think I would probably like to use fresh sprouts. would probably work well with coursely chopped sprouts if one didn't want whole ones or had picky eaters.

Thanks Robo. Fresh would be best. I usually keep a bag of frozen on hand, just in case I have a sprouts craving and need a veggie quick. :) You could use crumbled cooked bacon or ham in place of the prosciutto. Next time, I may try feta or bleu.

Last edited:
Mishy,
how did you know I LOVE brussels sprouts??We all do here..I've copied this one and will be making it soon..
Thank you:)

kadesma

Wow, another wonderful edition to my collection of recipes for my favourite winter veggie... thanks Mish, we will be trying this out soon!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom