Butter on corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elsie - if you like Mexican flavors try a bit of chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and some ground chili flakes on your corn, of course, all this in melted butter! :chef:

I have a recipe with just that combination but never tried it. I know people who have and they love it. Since I have all the ingredients I may give it a shot tonight with one ear and see. if I like it. I'll try anything.

I'll see your tacky and raise you one. Not only are corn picks (aka corn holders) standard fare at my house, we also have something called a "butter boy." It's a little plastic contraption that holds a stick of butter, and one end has a curved opening, making it easy to butter the corn by just running it along the cob. There is a plastic slide at the other end (like a push-up popsicle) to get more butter to come out the top. My mother-in-law gave it to us after we asked for it, since she had 2.

I only have the holders and only pull them out when my daughter insists.

My corn, just naked if it's fresh and no more than several hours old. Older corn, butter and salt and salt and salt.

I'm a fan of peeling back the husk, removing the silk and smearing a mix of soft butter, garlic, oregano,parm cheese, salt and pepper on the corn. Then re-cover with the husk and cook on the grill. My GF likes to serve it with the buttered slice of bread to act as a holder and butter dispenser.
Sounds like Paula Dean would approve of this!!!!!

I'm a fan of peeling back the husk, removing the silk and smearing a mix of soft butter, garlic, oregano,parm cheese, salt and pepper on the corn. Then re-cover with the husk and cook on the grill. My GF likes to serve it with the buttered slice of bread to act as a holder and butter dispenser.
Sounds like Paula Dean would approve of this!!!!!

Geez, when I said for AC to do that instead of using foil I was only kidding. I had no idea it was actually a method :). Cool :cool:

This is my set, I have 4 sets, but since there are now 5 of us I need another one. Only problem is my son won't touch corn on the cob, or any type of corn!! I think there is something seriously wrong with that boy....

Attachments

• DSCF2307.JPG
    DSCF2307.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 180
Geez, when I said for AC to do that instead of using foil I was only kidding. I had no idea it was actually a method :). Cool :cool:
Pacanis I do the use the husks all the time. I do seal them in foil if they are going in the oven, more for storage after cooking and mess prevention, but on the grill, it's husks only.

Okay, I told you all that I would give that lime juice, cumin, chili powder concoction a try and I did. Melted the butter,mixed in all the ingredients and slathered it on one ear of corn. Only one! It was very good, but I couldn't taste the corn at all. There was no point putting on corn at all. I could mix that in mashed potatoes and it would have been delicious. Sorry, guys. I will always be a corn purist (butter and salt only) as long as Michigan keeps growing that fantastic corn! :)

I add sugar to the boiling water. Then just salt, pepper and butter.
I always make extra because I love it the next day, cold, plain, eating it over the sink. - guilty pleasure!

We eat only white, or cream & sugar (white/yellow mix)

One of the +s living here is local growers have fresh corn almost year round. YUM, YUM!

Back
Top Bottom