Butter on corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I melt the butter with salt , pepper, ground basil, ground rosemary, in a small bowl in the microwave. We use a silicone brush to brush the butter onto the corn on the cob.

Sometimes I just go butter, salt and pepper, or even just butter, but I really love when I nuke some butter, salt, pepper, finely chopped garlic and a little dry Italian seasoning and put that on. If I am grilling them out of the husk, I will baste them with it as they cook.

I am an anal purist when it comes to steak - I want nothing on it because I want to taste the meat - and corn, just butter and salt. The corn here in Michigan is so terrific that I don't want anything competing for that great flavor.

I bake mine in the husk with butter added to the husk. If I boil because it's too hot to turn the oven on we add butter by rolling the cob in the butter then add mayo and Parmesan.

5 minutes in boiling water and if it's really good - absolutely nothing on it! I will break down and put butter on it and then I just want more butter than corn :pig:

Elsie - if you like Mexican flavors try a bit of chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and some ground chili flakes on your corn, of course, all this in melted butter! :chef:

i roll my corn through stick butter till it's dripping, then add salt, pepper & garlic powder. yum.
my goodness, my stomach is pinching cause i want corn now!!!:mellow::LOL:

I husk my corn and put it on aluminum foil. I salt it, put 3 ice cubes in and then some butter. Seal ot all up and put it on the grill. Turn 90 degrees at 15 min again at 30 min. Put the steak on (7 min per side).

Time to eat. I definitely think the rosemary and basil need to go in now.

AC

Before I would husk corn and wrap it in aluminum foil, I would peel the husk, butter it, and then close it back up using string if I had to, but that's just me. I think along those lines :wacko:
Corn husk. Nature's aluminum foil. :LOL:

Go "green", AC.

I have the tacky corn cob holders, with the tacky corn cob dishes to match LOL. Only butter, nothing else. And tons of butter at that, smothered in butter, dripping butter everywhere, no wonder I am having cholesterol problems amounts of butter on it.
You get the idea, LOL.

I have the corn holders - my grand kids love them!! I'm a butter salt & pepper & we roll our corn on the butter - if there's enough of us. Otherwise, I don't allow it.

Can we roll?? is what my kids used to ask. Memories.

I got the dishes to go with the holders as they do an excellent job of holding all the butter that drips off so I can pour it back on between bites, LOL.

I like to butter a piece of bread and roll the corn in it. That makes it easy to salt, also. Just salt it as you roll it around in that piece of bread you have in your hand.

Oh...eat the bread when you're finished.

I use "I can't believe it's not butter" and mix in Lawry's seasoned salt and spread it on with a knife one bite at a time. Kind of slow eating but scrumptious as I get butter with every bite and little drips off.

I remember those corn holders.
Those things were a must eating corn right out of the boiling pot, like mom used to make.

Butter! Salt! First choice is to soak (in husk) in water and grill to perfection. 2nd choice is to insert my trusty (aka tacky??) corn cob knobs before boiling or nuking, which cool off in time to eat the corn. Yummy! There is nothing like fresh, local corn.

tons of butter and lots of pepper for me. could make a meal of just corn.

babe:chef:

Funny you should say that! A friend dropped off 6 ears she bought at a local roadside stand. last night. The corn had just been picked and I ate 3 cobs and a peach for dinner. :LOL:
Since the corn has just come into season here in Michigan, the kernals were small and crisp. Just the way I like it. When it's been out for a while the corn kernals get large and starchy. No thanks. This was some of the best corn I've ever eaten.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom