California Corn Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This is a nice change from potatoes. It's one of my "signature" recipes, and often requested for potlucks.

2 (2 lb) cans creamed corn
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup salad oil
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 (3 7/8 ounce) can of sliced black olives, drained
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (4 ounce) can of diced ortega green chili's
2 cups of grated mild cheddar cheese save 1/2 cup for the top

• Combine all in a deep uncovered casserole. Bake at 350 till set, (50-60 minutes or till set in the center) Don't over bake.

Heeey...this looks really cool! I didn't see it before. OK, so is the consistency more like a custard or more like a cornbread? Is it cuttable or scoopable?

Thanks for the nice responses.....very much appreciated.:)

Heeey...this looks really cool! I didn't see it before. OK, so is the consistency more like a custard or more like a cornbread? Is it cuttable or scoopable?

Alix, to be honest, it's somewhere in between. It would be iffy being "cuttable" so scoopable is best. lol my spell checker is going bonkers. :wacko:

At any rate, it's really good, and as nice for a barbecue as it is for a Thanksgiving meal. It's also good at room temp so taking it to an outdoor cookout is great. Just trying to warm you up thinking about that. Spring will come. :flowers:

Thanks for the nice responses.....very much appreciated.:)

Alix, to be honest, it's somewhere in between. It would be iffy being "cuttable" so scoopable is best. lol my spell checker is going bonkers. :wacko:

At any rate, it's really good, and as nice for a barbecue as it is for a Thanksgiving meal. It's also good at room temp so taking it to an outdoor cookout is great. Just trying to warm you up thinking about that. Spring will come. :flowers:

Sigh, yes someday spring will come. Not going to think about that right now though.

OK, I'm going to give this a try with our roast chicken tomorrow I think. Thanks Kayelle!

Back
Top Bottom