Cauliflower rice/couscous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What recipe or preparation would y’all suggest for a person who was traumatized by poorly cooked cauliflower at an early age and has refused to cook it, eat it, or even have it in the house since then? Given its prevalence in today’s culinary scene, I think it’s time for me to give it a second chance!

Many thanks!

My grandkids love cauli broccoli cheese bake, boil veges ,then put in a casserole dish with cheese sauce, sprinkle breadcrumbs, beautiful.

Or giggle as I said earlier aloo gobi, or even order it at an Indian restaurant.

We LOVE cauliflower.

Russ

What recipe or preparation would y’all suggest for a person who was traumatized by poorly cooked cauliflower at an early age and has refused to cook it, eat it, or even have it in the house since then?...
Roasted. Break into evenly sized florets, toss with olive oil and your seasoning of choice (just s&p works, too), and spread on a baking sheet. Alone, they'll take only about 20 minutes at 400. I put them into the oven with whatever else I'm making, so for me it's more like 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Be sure to stir them around once, maybe twice, while roasting.

Roasting makes all sorts of "inedible" (by some people's terms) veggies wonderful. My SIL swore she didn't like cooked carrots anywhere else but in soup or stew. I roasted whole carrots sprinkled with Aleppo pepper one time they were over for dinner, and she (and her hubby) absolutely loved them.

What recipe or preparation would y’all suggest for a person who was traumatized by poorly cooked cauliflower at an early age and has refused to cook it, eat it, or even have it in the house since then? Given its prevalence in today’s culinary scene, I think it’s time for me to give it a second chance!

Many thanks!
If you haven't done it yet, try it raw. It's great cut into florets as part of a crudité (raw vegis) platter with dip. We use it coarsely chopped in salad. It tastes good and adds a nice crunch.

If you haven't done it yet, try it raw. It's great cut into florets as part of a crudité (raw vegis) platter with dip. We use it coarsely chopped in salad. It tastes good and adds a nice crunch.

It is also great dipped raw into beer cheese fondue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom