Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Tina! I'm glad you enjoyed them. Just being curious but whereabouts in Yorkshire do you live? I have several good friends who live in the Pontefract area in West Yorkshire, and another who lives near Leeds. :)

Hi Steve i live in halifax which is near Leeds. Small world!:)

My paternal grandfather was from Leeds! I am currently corresponding with some family members from the area working on the family tree. :)

Steve, I just made these for dinner and we are hooked! This will be a recipe I will use often. If fact, it is already on my Christmas menu :)

I paired it with Kadesma's chicken thighs and since both had a citrus tone to the flavour pallet they worked well together.

Thanks again!

I found some orange fleshed sweet potatoes on Saturday!!!!!! I've never seen them in SA before this. I'll be trying your recipe with them Steve :)
Thank you!

That is great Snip!

We had never tried sweet potatoes before and tried them about a month ago..now we love them :)

They remind me of pumpkin

That is great Snip!

We had never tried sweet potatoes before and tried them about a month ago..now we love them :)

They remind me of pumpkin

Haven't had a chance to cook them yet. Think I'll make some for lunch. Dying to find out if they taste different to white fleshed sweet potatoes.
I love pumpkin and sweet potato so they will be nice I'm sure :yum:

Thanks Steve. I too will try them tonight, and if I they are as good as they look, I'd like to share the recipe in our Tribal newspaper. I've been asked to submit a sweet potato recipe that wasn't sickly sweet, or made with orange juice. Though I love a plain, baked sweet potato, I was looking for something new to try. This looks like it will be great. Of course, I will have to alter a few things, you know, to make it my own. But it looks wonderful just as it is, and I will be making your version tonight.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Steal away, Chief. I stole the basic premise of adding lime somewhere along the way. The spice additions are my own, though.

I've often thought that a good addition to this recipe might be something to add a little textural interest, maybe some nuts or seeds of some kind. Might be a nice way to mix it up and call it your own.

Last edited:
Just made your recipe, nicked a small sweet potato to try as is since it's my first orange sweet potato. Recipe tastes great yum! Sweet potatoes are just sweeter and orange in colour but they taste pretty much the same as our yellow or white varieties. Slightly less starchy too.
The ones I found are light orange, not as dark as the pics I've seen on DC, might be a blend.

Steal away, Chief. I stole the basic premise of adding lime somewhere along the way. The spice additions are my own, though.

I've often thought that a good addition to this recipe might be something to add a little textural interest, maybe some nuts or seeds of some kind. Might be a nice way to mix it up and call it your own.
When we were eating it the other day I was thinking of a textural addition and one strongly came to mind - BACON!!! :cool:

Whisk mentioned Steve's Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes in an earlier post today, so I did a search and found it. I wanted to bring it back up, with Thanksgiving menu ideas coming up and all. Sounds delicious, Steve! :yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom