Colorful Cauliflower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I got my first seed catalogue of the season...I get lots of them, because I was a greenhouse owner for many years.
I've been seeing purple cauliflower for years, but now they also have a new one called "Cheddar" because it's the same color as cheddar cheese.
We never see anything like this in the market here...just wonder if any of you ever run across them. The purple would be beautiful in a salad or vegetable tray, but it loses a lot of it's color when cooked. The Cheddar keeps it's color after being cooked, so I can think of lots of uses for it.

Attachments

• 2176-cauliflower-large.jpg
    2176-cauliflower-large.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Constance, I just got my first seed catalog and saw the Cheddar cauliflower, too. I haven't seen it in the stores yet, but I've tried broccoflower and like it better than cauliflower, both for the color, the price and the extra vitamins.

If I had room in my container garden, I'd try growing this one.

Lee

Looks delish, Constance. I've never tried it. Does it have a cheddary taste? I like the broccoflower (sp) too but, I'd rather have broccoli and cauliflower. Constance, I would love some new cauliflower recipes. (There's a fried concoction I posted a while back, if anyone would like a look-see.)

I saw the cheddar colored one in my market a few weeks ago. I was going to try it, but it was 4x the price of the white. The color was actually not that appealing. It look like the color of that nasty nacho cheese that you see at ball games. It just did not look right. I was still curious though and would like to try it out someday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom