Cooking Cauliflower makes my Carbon Monoxide Detector go off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Whenever I used to make Cream of cauliflour soup in my restaurant kitchen, it used to set my Carbon monoxide detector off. Nothing else ever did it.
Cue spooky music.....:ohmy:

Last edited:
You sure it wasn't fartrogen?:rolleyes: Darn greenhouse gases.:ROFLMAO:

Craig

I don't know about cauliflower, but cabbage is certainly full of stinky gas! ;)

I knew cauliflower wasn't supposed to be cooked that long. :LOL:

Fartrogen is what you get when someone plays the arsephone.

The devil made me type that. :devilish:

Fartrogen is what you get when someone plays the arsephone.

Fartrogen is a by product of 6 boy scout senior leaders in a tent with contraban snacks that attrack racoons. Especially with one that insisted that racoons could'nt get inside said tent. However, when at 3:00 am the racoon is inside the tent eating the snacks, your opinion seems to change.:ohmy: As you chase said racoon outside the tent and notice the hundreds of their kin, occupying every square foot, including the picknic tables, you realize the futility of trying to hide food!:ermm:

Craig

Fartrogen is a by product of 6 boy scout senior leaders in a tent with contraban snacks that attrack racoons. Especially with one that insisted that racoons could'nt get inside said tent. However, when at 3:00 am the racoon is inside the tent eating the snacks, your opinion seems to change.:ohmy: As you chase said racoon outside the tent and notice the hundreds of their kin, occupying every square foot, including the picknic tables, you realize the futility of trying to hide food!:ermm:

Craig

Better than bears. :ohmy:

I have been wondering. If the CO detectors are set off while the cauliflower is cooking, what's going to happen after the Rocklobster family has eaten it?

Look for an air quality alert in the province of Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom