Corn and zucchini ( Tnt)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:chef: We made this tonight and it was WONDERFUL!! I'm not sure where I got the recipe. If it was from one of you... I'm sending a big thanks your way!!:)

4 slices of bacon
2 cups chopped zucchini
1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut right off the cob
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
salt and pepper

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
Cook over medium heat until evenly brown.
reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
Drain bacon, chop and set aside. ( I always cut my bacon before cooking)
Warm the drippings and saute and season the zucchini, corn and onion until tender but still crisp. About 10 minutes.

Plate the veggies and sprinkle with some of the cheese.:):) Really really good. I might add some cherry tomatoes next time, just to add some pretty color.

Thanks Michael! I thought I had put it in the veggies but...I must not have.

I bet cut cherry tomatoes would be great in this, even slightly roasted first to bring out the sweetness - it looks wonderful! Good summer dish! Thanks for posting it.

kitchenelf said:
I bet cut cherry tomatoes would be great in this, even slightly roasted first to bring out the sweetness - it looks wonderful! Good summer dish! Thanks for posting it.

Great minds think a like. I mentioned to Paul while I was cooking that I really wished I had some cherry tomatoes to add. I think the added color and taste would be great.:):) I'm sure I'll be making it again soon. Paul really liked it.

I made this recipe last night and it was sooooo good. My DH loved it and wants me to make it again this weekend.
thanks, pdswife.
Lyndalou

lyndalou said:
I made this recipe last night and it was sooooo good. My DH loved it and wants me to make it again this weekend.
thanks, pdswife.
Lyndalou

You're welcome!
I'm so glad you liked it.
Did you add the tomatoes?

I love it when someone likes the recipes
I add! It makes my heart smile.

pdswife said:
:chef: We made this tonight and it was WONDERFUL!! I'm not sure where I got the recipe. If it was from one of you... I'm sending a big thanks your way!!:)

4 slices of bacon
2 cups chopped zucchini
1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut right off the cob
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
salt and pepper

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
Cook over medium heat until evenly brown.
reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
Drain bacon, chop and set aside. ( I always cut my bacon before cooking)
Warm the drippings and saute and season the zucchini, corn and onion until tender but still crisp. About 10 minutes.

Plate the veggies and sprinkle with some of the cheese.:):) Really really good. I might add some cherry tomatoes next time, just to add some pretty color.

I made this last night! We had pork chops and it went with them really well. I have squash, eggplant and tomatoes coming out of my ears, so I added a peeled, sliced eggplant and a couple of chopped tomatoes. Also, I threw in some fresh jalepeno:mrgreen: We loved it!!!

Back
Top Bottom