Corn fritters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only made them once. They were heart-cloggingly good.

CD

Attachments

• CornFritters.jpg
    CornFritters.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 214
BTW, Rascal, thanks for giving me a good reason to change the oil in my deep fryer. :LOL:

CD

Those look delicious....takes me back to my childhood. My dad used to make them for us as a special treat. Haven't had corn fritters since I was a kid! :yum:

I've had them, but I've never made them. I don't think they're especially fattening or bad for you, unless you eat them every day along with deep-fried fish and chips ;)

I made 9, they are all gone. Man they are soooo good. I first discovered creamed corn 40 years ago at a bakery. They had creamed corn and ham sammiches. I loved them. I still make these as well even today.

Russ

Cheryl, here it is

1 can creamed corn approx 350 Gm/ ml.
1 egg
1 chopped onion
2 slices bacon chopped up
3 tablespoons flour

Mix and fry in oil. You won't be sorry you made them.

Russ:cool:

...only 3 tablespoons of flour....? :ermm:

...only 3 tablespoons of flour....? :ermm:

I mix mine to a certain consistency -- like a chunky pancake batter. You want the batter to hold together when you drop it into your hot oil, but not be too dry/doughy.

CD

I love fritters of any kind. Every year my sister and I would take both families to Vermont for maple syrup gathering time. There was a restaurant we always stopped at and I always ordered fritters. I used to make clam fritters. I don't know why I stopped.

I often will open a can of creamed corn, add an ungodly size piece of butter and eat it like corn chowder. So corn fritters is on the list of foods I want to get back to. I ALWAYS have creamed style corn on hand.

Thanks for the memory jab for fritters. They are so inexpensive to make.

I love fritters of any kind. Every year my sister and I would take both families to Vermont for maple syrup gathering time. There was a restaurant we always stopped at and I always ordered fritters. I used to make clam fritters. I don't know why I stopped.

I often will open a can of creamed corn, add an ungodly size piece of butter and eat it like corn chowder. So corn fritters is on the list of foods I want to get back to. I ALWAYS have creamed style corn on hand.

Thanks for the memory jab for fritters. They are so inexpensive to make.

I love clam fritters as well as corn fritters. Heck, I just like fritters. I've made zucchini fritters as well.

Mmm...those all sound good. My dad used to make us apple fritters, too. They were so good - I wish I had asked him for his recipe back then...:wub:

I think just about anything can be made into a fritter. Onion fritters are good too. If you're an onion lover like I am, they're pure heaven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom