Corn hot cereal question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Every time I serve corn on the cob for dinner, hubby is reminded of some sort of breakfast hot cereal he had as a boy. He says it was made out of corn, and had a white, sweet and creamy consistency. Hmm...Has anyone every had this before and know the name of it? I'd like to try making it for him. Guess I'll go and search some Salvadorian dishes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dina, I remember being served cornmeal porridge in the Caribbean.... it was white-ish and had fruit and cinammon in it.

Yes. I asked my husband if it was cornmeal but he says he remembers the fresh corn taste in this cereal. Thank you. Cornmeal sounds wonderful too and I will have to try making it that way too.

Andy, I'll be glad to translate it for you if you're interested in making it.

Ishbel, I'm going to try your recipe with cornmeal. Sounds wonderful; thank you. I found the actual Salvadorian recipe called "Atol de Elote" (means corn hot cereal) and is made from fresh corn, liquified with milk, strained and cooked with a tad of cinnamon and sugar. I'm going to surprise my husband with it soon.

Dina..... it's not my recipe! I only copied the URL.
Both versions sound quite sweet for my taste, but I bet your husband will love your version of the Salvadorean dish.

Back
Top Bottom