Cream of Courgette Soup alla Snip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Made this a few weeks ago just before winter came to an end. It turned out really well.

1 large pkt of Courgettes ( about 1 lbs ) chopped
1 large onion chopped
2 Knorr Chicken Stock pots or stock cubes of choice
1 tsp of Indian Curry Powder or Packo Curry Paste
1/2 a tsp of Paprika
1 tsp of onion flakes or powder
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

2 cups of milk
1tsp of butter
Cornstarch to thicken

Add courgettes, onion, onion flakes and curry to pot. Just barely top with boiled water. Simmer gently till veggies are tender. Add stock and spices and simmer for 5 mins more. Blend till smooth and return to pot. Add milk and mix well. Thicken with cornstarch slurry if soup is too thin. Stir in the butter and serve with crispy baguettes.

Last edited:
Made cream of celery soup tonight with this recipe, just replace the courgettes with celery and a few celery leaves. The salt was replaced with celery salt. It was delicious!

Snip, when I worked for a caterer (before I became one), we did a lot of corporate lunch catering. Cream of Zucchini (courgettes) Soup was a popular choice. Your recipe looks great. I am going to have to try it! :)

Snip, when I worked for a caterer (before I became one), we did a lot of corporate lunch catering. Cream of Zucchini (courgettes) Soup was a popular choice. Your recipe looks great. I am going to have to try it! :)

Hope you like it :) Did you notice it's potato and cream free? No high carbs lol!

Back
Top Bottom