Diabetic spiced backed squash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArticKatt

Cook
Diabetic spiced roasted squash

Ok this is a really easy recipe. I just made it up and wanted to share it.

2 small squash. I used
1 small butternut squash
1 small pumpkin

I put this in a greased baking pan. I used a 9 x 13 inch pan.
I sprinkled on Nutmeg and Cinnamon and ginger. season to taste. I think put in ED Smith No sugar added syrup I put the syrup over the top and covered it with foil. I then baked it for 45 min in 375 degree oven. I would have cooked it longer at a lower temp but I was cooking my turkey at the same time. It was so good and everyone raved about it. this fed 6 people

Last edited:
That is a great recipe. But remember, you can also halve squash, clean out the seeds, and put it back together with a filling, such as a meatloaf mixture for a savory dish, or with fresh fruit and spices similar to what you used. You can also flavor with Splenda and a touch of mollases, or Splenda with maple extract.

Squash is very versatile. On Monday, I'm going to be cooking my ledest daughter's birthday dinner. She requested that I make acorn squash, with a top-hat cut out and then filled with a mixture of brown and wild rice flavored with chicken broth and mushrooms. Serve it up with some grilled steaks and something to drink.

Let your imagination go wild with squash. At Holloween, I used to purchase the baseball-sized pumpkins, cut the top off, clean, then spread the insides with Splenda, Ginger, Cinnamon, and cloves. Then cut little jack-o-lantern faces in each one and bake them up. I served one per person to my kids and they loved eating their very own jack-o-lanterns that tasted like pumkin pie.

Just some food for thought.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

One thing I like to do with pumpkin is stuff it. I take the top off a Med sized pumpkin. I have done a large one but its a bit harder to do. you take the top off and with a spoon scoop out the insides. I sharpeded the edge of a small spoon for this job. and then I stuff it with a rice stuffing. Some i Have used is brown rice and cranbarries moisened with a bit of orange juice. Or a Basmoti Rice and ground beef onion stuffing. I Have used the one you mention with rice and wild rice and mushrooms as well. just about any rice stuffing will work great. put the top back on peirse the sides with a fork or small knife and put in oven and bake. you need a cookie sheet under it or some other pan. then serve a whole pumpkin on the table. when cooked this slices easly from the top down. but people sure look at your table twice when you put a whole pumpkin on it. LOL. Sorry about the spelling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom