Dogs and cabbage TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never tried hot dogs with cabbage, but I like both, so why not? I'll have to give it a try!
hope you do Connie, mom use to make this when she wanted to save a buck or two to get my sister and I some little thing we anted so we would look nice for school or a party. Let me know what you think I loved it when mom added a baled or boiled potatoe to it.
kades:)

I still make something simular. I use sour crout and cabage half and hafe. Sautee in frying pan, add a spoon or two ketchup or tomato sauce, throw in hot dogs, as soon as dogs are hot it's good to go. Add a spoon or two mashed potato on the side. YUm.
Thanks Charlie, love your version of dogs and cabbage will give it a try soon.

Same here. But, I don't mind if it just gets heated enough to soften the teensiest little bit - still has a bit of crunch.

I often modify a recipe that cooks cabbage to: shred some cabbage and add it for the last two minutes. I don't even want that nasty cooked cabbage flavour/smell to be left in the broth.

I can handle it cooked about five minutes, after that it starts turning to slime and the flavor is icky.

'Kraut and dogs on hot dog bun with hot mustard, raw fresh cabbage with slaw dressing and grilled slightly burned dogs...um good

A friend of mine from Newfoundland sautees cabbage in LOTS of butter as a side for her Thanskgiving turkey--lots of pepper. Yummy.

A friend of mine from Newfoundland sautees cabbage in LOTS of butter as a side for her Thanskgiving turkey--lots of pepper. Yummy.
My girlfriend does her cabbage like this as well and I adore it. it's so easy todo and tastes wonderful. Ahhh butter does it every time:)
kadesma

UB, corn bread why didn't my mom mke any? I love it and will add this to the next meal of C&B thanks.

Yep! The corn bread is a must for us....Be sure to squirt a little mustard on the plate for dipping the weenies in....Take a bite of mustard dipped weenie, a bite of corn bread and close your eyes ~~ You'll be 16 again, at the State Fair and your boy friend just bought you a Corn Dog!! :LOL:

Yep! The corn bread is a must for us....Be sure to squirt a little mustard on the plate for dipping the weenies in....Take a bite of mustard dipped weenie, a bite of corn bread and close your eyes ~~ You'll be 16 again, at the State Fair and your boy friend just bought you a Corn Dog!! :LOL:
emmmm emmmm heaven will be doing this next week.
hugs
kades

Back
Top Bottom