Exploding potatoes, comments/feedback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard that they are better for you unpeeled also. I don't know if this is fact or fiction. I do know I like the taste better with the peels in the dishes.

'Tis true. The skins are loaded with nutrients. The healthiest objects in your home are the sink and the trash. We loved to toss all those good juices down the drain, and what doesn't go there, hits the trash bag.

Last edited:
I wonder if these boiling - exploding potatoes are the same as the baking - exploding potatoes. Too much moisture, healthy skin, recent harvest. I'm afraid to bake them now (and I've got another 10 lbs after these are gone!). Testing testing.

I just think you got some defective potatoes. I would return them to the manufacturer for a replacement or refund.

I just think you got some defective potatoes. I would return them to the manufacturer for a replacement or refund.
Sir Loin--I'm not much of a returner of goods.
I was watching some food show the other day --the Diner's and Drives show--the chef/cook said they only bought potatoes aged/dried/cured for 4 months to make perfect fries. That makes me think that potatoes need to be dried a while before using. (like garlic, like popcorn--and maybe other vegetables)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom