Favorite Baked Potato Toppings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your favorite Baked Potato Toppings?

• Total voters
buckytom said:
shamalicious, i'm glad someone mentioned fish.

i love chopped anchovies, or wine and onion marinated pickled herring - with a splash of the brine, or even dried bonito shavings.

Heheeee. I love tuna with potato! I can happily munch down a whole tin! :rolleyes:

I like Broccoli and creamed chipped beef on baked potato for a simple tasty dinner or supper. It's all there.

However, when it's a side, I like to go low fat/cal and like them simply with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. very tasty that way!

Well waddayaknow... I just had a potato with a little butter mixed into the flesh and then stuffed with cottage cheese and sprinkled with a little freshly ground pepper mix.

Oh so good.

I make a compound butter with finely minced parsley. Then I "pop" that tater open (fluffing the insides as it opens), and push a good tablespoon sized piece of compound butter in. Then I push the tater closed and let it sit a couple minutes before chowing.

I bake the taters right on the oven racks. Only thing I do beforehand is rub the skins with a drop of canola oil and sprinkle of salt (along with a a few well-placed stabs of a fork to vent the interior).

I would second the request on au jus spooned overtop when accompanied by roasted meats.

Kitchenelf,
I never ever thought there would be anyone else in the world that liked 57 on their baked potatoe but me. I went on a diet once that let me have baked potatoes with either 57 or mustard. I love them to this day with 57 and chives on them. I also think they are good with Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and Green Onions. Obviously not on that diet.

Oops I forgot one other odd baked potatoe thing we like. I make a sort of salsa with canned tomatoes, green onions, and corn. We put that in the potatoe and then melt cheddar on top. I know it sounds strange, but it's really good.

Back
Top Bottom