Favorite potato recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i looooove potatoes:

salted (pressed/rolled in sea salt), baked, split, and loaded (with sour cream, butter sauteed mushrooms, bacon bits, and chives) taters

cheesey double baked taters

thyme, garlic, and evoo roasted taters

lobster mashed, wasabi mashed, garlic mashed, butter and wild mushroom mashed, and plain ol' mashed with brown gravy

boiled redskins with cabbage

spanish style chips (thick cut fried tater chips that are a tiny bit soft in the center, otherwise crisp like a regular chip)

homefries (no bell pepper, yuk) cooked in bacon fat with paprika, steak fries with malt vinegar, cajun fries, waffle fries, lawry's seasoned salt fries, and finally tater tots...

BOURBON SWEET POTATOES

Makes 6 to 8 servings. If you prefer not to use the bourbon, skip it or add 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.

About 4 sweet potatoes

1/4 cup butter

1/4 to 1/2 cup orange juice

1/4 to 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons bourbon (if using)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg

Nonstick cooking spray

1 cup chopped pecans

PIERCE each sweet potato with a fork. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until soft when squeezed. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then peel off skin. Cut sweet potatoes into chunks and place in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add butter, orange juice, brown sugar, bourbon (if using), salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth, adding additional orange juice and brown sugar to taste, if necessary.

SPRAY baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread sweet potato mixture in dish and sprinkle with pecans. Can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated for 24 hours.

BAKE at 350 degrees until hot, 20 to 30 minutes. Cover if nuts get too dark

Southern belle fancy potatoes

1 1/2 cups large curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. salt
5 cups peeled, diced and cooked potatoes
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
paprika

Preheat oven to 350. Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, garlic and salt. Fold in pototoes. Spoon into a greaded 2 quart casserole. Top with cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 30-40 minutes.

Favorite Potato Recipe?

Southern belle's potatoes look very similar to a cottage potato recipe I saw on Paula Deen's television show. I made them. They are delicious.

Dauphinoise potatoes - recipe for four but very generous helpings in my experience

850g / 1 3/4 lbs potatoes
270 ml / 9 fl. oz milk
125 ml / 5 fl. oz double cream
1 clove crushed garlic - if you like it
Black pepper
Salt - if you like it (I don't use it)
Butter
25 g / 1 oz freshly grated parmesan - or more (!)

Preheat oven to 190ºC / 375ºF
Peel and slice the potatoes into thin roundels (2 mm / 1/8th inch or thereabouts). Do not wash the slices as you want the starch in them.
Put the milk, garlic (if using), black pepper to taste and potato slices in a pan and heat gently. Cover and allow to simmer. Swish the pan around gently from time to time to stop the slices sticking together.
When the potatoes begin to exude their starch, the milk will start to thicken. Add the cream, stir gently and bring slowly back to the boil.
Butter an ovenproof dish and carefully pour the potato mixture into the dish so you don't break the slices up as they slide in. Make sure the potato slices are evenly distributed.
Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so until nicely browned.

In my experience, kids and adults alike love this. Because the slices of potatoes come out very soft, it's especially popular with children.

I love hamburger potatoe soup,

its very easy to make
you need:
about 1-2 lbs, ground chuck browned and drained also with
the chuck you need to add onions about 1/2 cups chopped finely
salt pepper and garlic powder to your liking...
mean while peel and cube about 6 large potatoes,boil till tender add your
hamb. then thicken it to your desire with a thickening agent such as corn starch...cook about 35 minutes longer.
you can eat this as a soup or over rice its really tasty :)

I made this recipe for the 1st time this past Easter & it came out quite good. I, personally, would have liked it more garlicy, but if you're cooking for a mixed-taste crowd, it's definitely a winner, & easy to boot! Needless to say, you can feel your arteries hardening while you eat it - lol!!

POTATO GRATIN WITH BOURSIN
2 cups heavy cream
One 5 ounce package Boursin cheese with Herbs
3 pounds small red potatoes, thinly sliced (use mandolin)
Salt and Pepper

Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. In saucepan, melt Boursin cheese with the cream. In the baking dish, layer 1/2 the potatoes, salt and pepper, pour half of the cheese mixture over, and repeat the layers. Bake 1 hour at 400*.

I like to make what I call pan scalloped potatoes.

I peel and dice potatoes, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch dice and put in pan.
Add milk, just to the top of potatoes, add butter and lots of salt and pepper.
Simmer over low heat, stirring several times until cooked through and creamy.
I make these a lot when I am cooking ham steak and don't have the time for
real scalloped potatoes.

Definatly, without a doubt, twice baked potatoes topped with chedder cheese and well-seasoned throughout the mashed part. Next: In-n-Out french fries. :rolleyes:

Any way a potato is cooked is fine with me. I love potatoes. I guess I would have to say tho that my #1 would be good old Mashed Potatoes and gravey.

Back
Top Bottom