Favorite Vegetarian Entrees?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts as well. Perhaps I'm biased--I grow eggplant and the thought of "tenderizing" them is somewhat contradictory after the babying I do of the plants to get them to reward my efforts with their lovely purple (or white) fruits. I am always crushed in the fall when the eggplants yield to frost and give up. I've wondered if I could bring eggplant in before the first frost and have the plant continue producing into the winter months...

Not being a farmer (or gardener) I wouldn't know, but sometimes nature is going to do what nature is going to do.

Worst case is you try it and fail.

Tofu is a good product to work with. It can be found in most produce dept.s Whatever you marinate tofu in it will pick up that flavor real well.
You can marinate it in red wine & stir fry it with fresh yellow & orange peppers. onions, mushrooms or whatever veggies you like. To make a sauce you can use a vegetable stock base, thickin it slightly & season with garlic. ground rosemary & thyme.
It.s called tofu stroganoff. Tofu is so vesatile you can do just about anything with it.

Pot Pie, Moussaka, Veggie Rolls

There are so many good vegetarian main dishes out there; it's ridiculously hard to pick. A few of my favorites are:

Guinness Pot Pie

IMG_0167.JPG

Moussaka

IMG_0370.JPG

Vegetarian sushi rolls (Nori Maki)

IMG_0139.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom