Favorite veggie to fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
JUST a question, which vegatables do you like to fry?
I love fried squash,okra, and cauliflower...
so just curious as to what veggies you fry?

sweet potatoes, and stuff large green olives with sausage and then bread and fry them...awesome! breaded fried mushrooms are good too. as are fried stuffed small peppers like jalapenos.

mushrooms for sure ... would you still consider pickles a veggie since they started out as one? Fried dills are great!

JMediger said:
mushrooms for sure ... would you still consider pickles a veggie since they started out as one? Fried dills are great!

JM have you ever worked for Chic-Fille? My DIL and her SIL both love those things!

I roast green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus. Only veggie I fry is green tomatoes and whole okra--with cornmeal breading.

well of course can't resist saying potatoes... french fries YUMMY! but onions and mushrooms also... and Zuchinni is good to. :)

Give me a good tempura or beer batter and I will try frying just about anything, we all love deep fried green beans, pencil thin asparagus, zucchini rounds,onion rings, cauliflower,cardone,mushrooms, artichoke hearts, I put tempura on halved Italian long green chiles and oven fry them after topping with pepper jack cheese..

Nice topic

kadesma:)

yes onion rings for sure...and not just green tomatoes but red beefsteaks, sliced med thick, gently floured and a touch or corn meal into evoo...wow what a treat on polenta for a summer dinner. Fast and yummy

lindatooo said:
JM have you ever worked for Chic-Fille? My DIL and her SIL both love those things!

No ... who are they? When I went to college, there was a local bar that would put them out on their "All things fried" freebie night. Yum Yum ... nice and salty / vineagary with a cold beer.

Could you please share the fried plantains recipe. Our friends in Barbados used to make them as a side for us when we ate with them....go great with flying fish!

Mario Batali has said, "If faced with an ingredient that you have no idea what to do with, fry it!"

Back
Top Bottom