Fire and Ice pickles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inchrisin

Senior Cook
I was introduced to fire and ice pickles by a friend last year. They were really good and worth trying to make from scratch. I don't keep in touch with her anymore and I can't get the recipe from her. After an extensive Google search, all I'm coming up with is a bunch of recipes that start with cracking open a jar of Vlasic pickles.

Does anyone have a homemade recipe for fire and ice pickles?

Otherwise, I guess I'll do my best to make dill pickles and add the extra few ingredients. I think this would be ok to do when I'm canning the pickles

Does anyone have a great homemade recipe for dill pickles? :)

This is my secret recipe! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

k2-_86851d18-487c-46e7-aa13-dff247d4f418.v1.jpg

This looks like it would give you that crisp sweet hot flavor.

Emeril's Homemade Sweet and Spicy Pickles Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

You could also try making the old 14 day pickles and add in a good quantity of hot pepper flakes or a few hot pepper pods.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f94/crispy-blue-pickles-25113-2.html#post1276999

Good luck!

Are you suggesting that I add it all together at the jarring process, or are you suggesting that I add more after jarring and making them as need be after this?

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that I add it all together at the jarring process, or are you suggesting that I add more after jarring and making them as need be after this?

I'm suggesting that you buy a jar of sweet hot pickles! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If I was going to make them I would follow the Emeril recipe as it is written or I would make the 14 day pickles and add a teaspoon of hot pepper flakes or a whole dried Chinese red pepper to each jar at the time I bottled the pickles.

Good luck!

I think making them from store-bought dill pickles *is* the "homemade" recipe. It was printed in Southern Living magazine many years ago. If you want to make them from scratch, I'd make the dill pickles first and then follow a recipe that starts with the store-bought ones. If you put the peppers in a water bath, they might infuse the pickles much more than you want and end up *really* hot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom