Footer Cucumber?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
A frind of my moms sent me a footer cucumber. It's a pale green cuke that is a foot long. Any ideas on what to do with it? I thought about slicing it & mixing half of it with vinegar & dill weed for a quick pickle.

This is what it looks like.

Last edited:
You can also put chopped fresh cucumber in potato salad, crewsk. I had a friend whose mother did this, and it tasted quite fresh and delicious. Seems like it had some pickles, too.

I would definately peel it - if you like celery, tomato, and feta cheese you can do this:

Equal parts diced or chopped cucumber, tomato, and celery. As much feta as you like.

chopped oregano
chopped basil (optional)
fresh lemon
1 clove garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
EVOO
s & p

You want enough dressing to toss with and flavor the ingredients well.

Celery no, the rest I like, I'll hae to try that too. I didn't peel the little bit I put in vinegar tonight but I peeled the rest of it. Thanks elf!

Hmmm.... looks like something I've seen used in Chinese cooking when I was in Hawaii. I'm trying to think of what they called it, but it seems to me it was stir fried rather than used in salads.

Elf, I tried your salad last night & it was wonderful! I left out the celery since I don't like it raw but everything else stayed the same. Thanks!

Glad you liked it crewsk - I got the idea from one of GB's recipes and if I recall right I just added feta to his - it's very refreshing and I have made it with extra dressing before and used it as a salad topper/dressing.

Back
Top Bottom