Found amazing vegan sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rawrr5027

Assistant Cook
Hey guys,

I recently became a vegan due to some health issues, and I've been absolutely devastated since Sriracha isn't vegan :(

Absolutely heart broken, I have been eating all my food without the delicious spicy-tanginess of Sriracha. However, I recently discovered a sweet alternative! It's this korean based sauce that has a spicy, yet smokey taste that is just as yummy as Sriracha! Best part: It's perfect for gluten-free eaters and vegans like myself. Give it a try!

The good news for you, my broken hearted friend, is that Huy Fong brand Sriracha sauce IS, in fact vegan!!

So you can eat all your food with it!!

What in Sriracha makes none vegan?

Because the brand Huy Fong is vegan here in Sweden.

Last edited:
I have heard of this gochu-jang, but can't seem to find it. How is it packaged, or brand. or is in bulk or tubs?
Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

I have heard of this gochu-jang, but can't seem to find it. How is it packaged, or brand. or is in bulk or tubs?
Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

If you have an Asian market that has a Korean section you should be able to find gochujang (paste) and gochugaru (ground chili).

36788-albums309-picture6758.jpg

36788-albums309-picture6759.jpg

Would you please explain to me the difference between "ground chili paste" and "ground chili"? :ermm:

Gochujang is a fermented paste made of ground chile peppers, soybeans, rice, salt and a sweetener.

I'm pretty sure "jang" means sauce in Korean

Gochugaru is just dried ground chile powder

Gochujang is a fermented paste made of ground chile peppers, soybeans, rice, salt and a sweetener.

I'm pretty sure "jang" means sauce in Korean

Gochugaru is just dried ground chile powder

What Jenny said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom