"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables
Old 07-31-2003, 09:32 PM   #11
Senior Cook
Elf, what a great idea!! Since your coattails seem to be the "right out straight"est at present, I vote for you choosing the dinner date. I'm with you and Guest on the salt issue. I think Morton's is truly nasty stuff, all brine and no flavor.

btw, have I missed something here, as in, "my salt shakers are all packed"? Are you moving or are you still not completely unpacked from your last move? I know a lot about that one - I'll be lucky to live long enough to deal with all my boxes!! Sheesh. :roll:

oldcoot, about that mouth-watering, tantalizing picture you posted: are you not aware that cruel and unusual punishment is unconstitutional?

Guest, welcome! I also hope you come back soon and that you'll register. Thanks for the great link - I've put it in my Ingredients folder.

I said and SAID last summer: "We need to bottle some of this and save it for later." But did anybody listen? Noooooooo!!
leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:55 AM   #12
Senior Cook
Is there any inconsistency in the thinking of folks who demand almost chemically pure water to drink ("ugh- tap water contains all sorts of impurities") while insisting that highly contaminated "sea salt" is better than the pure stuff?

I find it hilarious!

In looking ast the waters off the coast here, I have not the slightest doubt that unrefined salt from it would taste different! Hey - enjoy!!

oldcoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #13
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to Coco
Glad you got me thinking about Insalata Caprese again, Oldcoot! I haven't had it in a while.

Speaking of culinary summer pleasures, I have just returned from a vacation at a seaside cabin in Sechelt, on a small island about an hour away from Vancouver. The view from our private beach was incredible, we watched the cruise ships sail by every night, and also enjoyed the sights of eagles, cranes, sea otters, and seals. My favorite meal that we had was grilled wild sockeye salmon, (with sea salt of course, ) eaten while facing the Georgia Strait, YUM! I would highly recommend; fish tastes better when eaten sitting by the sea.

Buy Fresh, Buy Local!
Coco is offline   Reply With Quote