Glazed baked onions rec:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We like these with either ribs or any grilled sausages..Add some potaot or macaronii salad, rolls and a dessert and dinner is served :LOL:
1-lb. small boiling onions
3-Tab honey
3-Tab. ketchup
2-Tab cider vinegar
2-Tab. water
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350
Blanch onions in boiling salted water, til just tender when pierced. They will be easy to peel at this point.Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients. Drain and peel onions, and place in an 8 inch square baking dish. Pour over the honey mix and stir to coat onions. Bake for about an hour,making sure to keep a close eye on them the last 15 min as they burn easily. Stir occasionally while baking. Serve hot or at room temp. Sould serve 4-6 depends on who is eating:LOL:
kadesma

Constance said:
We love those little boiler onions...I'll have to give this recipe a try!
I hope you will like them..The first time I made them, I had my doubts with these kids of mine. But, they all liked them so we usually have some when we have ribs or even sausage snadwiches.

kadesma:-p

Sounds good, but I really have no idea what a boiler onion is.

Never saw one in the stores.

How big are they?

Are they just small regular onions or are they green ones?

Have never seen an onion named that.

Would love to try them.

Any help?

Thanks folks, as always I learn a lot from you all.

auntdot said:
Sounds good, but I really have no idea what a boiler onion is.

Never saw one in the stores.

How big are they?

Are they just small regular onions or are they green ones?

Have never seen an onion named that.

Would love to try them.

Any help?

Thanks folks, as always I learn a lot from you all.
Aunt Dot,
here we call them creamer or pearl onions, some are as big around as a quarter some as small as a nickle..My dad use to love them and I'd cream them for him..I also put them into hunter style chicken or stew, the only thing is cleaning them..Most times I cut off the root end and make an x in it then drop them into boiling water and blanch..I 'm not sure how long I leave them in the water, I just fish one out with a spoon and cool it in cold water and see if the skin comes off easy, if it does I take the rest off the heat and pour off the hto water and toss them into cold.
kadesma:)

SizzlininIN said:
No clue here auntdot....I'm just as curious. Interesting recipe that'll I'll def. give a try....thanks kads.
Sizz, just look for pearl onions, you can find them already peeled and ready to use in the frozen food section. Or with the dry onions and garlic in the produce section. Glad you like the recipe.

kadesma:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom