Glazed Pearl Onions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
White chicken, white turkey, any white bird meat. I don't like it. But the dog gobbled it right up. Didn't go to waste.

Well that's a good thing ;)

I love any kind of poultry. Chicken being my favorite. I'm a dark meat gal, though. I'll eat chicken breast and turkey breast, etc, but I prefer the dark stuff.

Well that's a good thing ;)

I love any kind of poultry. Chicken being my favorite. I'm a dark meat gal, though. I'll eat chicken breast and turkey breast, etc, but I prefer the dark stuff.

I only buy the legs and thighs of the bird. Pirate love the breast. If he is lucky and I am in a good mood, I will pick up a couple of chicken breast for him. What he does with them is his choice. We eat separate meals on the night he cooks his chicken breasts.

I only buy the legs and thighs of the bird. Pirate love the breast. If he is lucky and I am in a good mood, I will pick up a couple of chicken breast for him. What he does with them is his choice. We eat separate meals on the night he cooks his chicken breasts.

:LOL:

This is the same thing I went through with Matthew (my SO, rest his soul). I wanted legs and thighs and he would only eat the breast meat.

:LOL:

This is the same thing I went through with Matthew (my SO, rest his soul). I wanted legs and thighs and he would only eat the breast meat.

Aside from my SO I know no one who prefers dark meat poultry. One daughter even refuses to try duck because, "It's all dark meat."

I'm another dark meat guy; unless I'm slicing things for Chinese or other stir-fries, I prefer thighs, and I like the fact that boneless, skinless thighs are now as available as boneless, skinless breasts. I use them in recipes calling for diced chicken, though the thighs are a little irregular.

Aside from my SO I know no one who prefers dark meat poultry. One daughter even refuses to try duck because, "It's all dark meat."

Well here's the thing... I like dark meat when it comes to chicken and turkey, but I don't like duck. It's just bitter and greasy to me. The only time I'll eat duck is if my cousin and I go to a local Chinese place for lunch. We'll often order the Pineapple Duck and split it. But I think the reason I can eat it then is because the flavor of the duck is masked by all the pineapple and the sweet sauce.

I'm another dark meat guy; unless I'm slicing things for Chinese or other stir-fries, I prefer thighs, and I like the fact that boneless, skinless thighs are now as available as boneless, skinless breasts. I use them in recipes calling for diced chicken, though the thighs are a little irregular.

Ditto on all. If I'm doing a stir-fry, I'll use chicken breast. But yes on those boneless/skinless thighs. LOVE them. I also love turkey thighs, roasting them to get the skin nice and crispy.

As a side note, chicken breast cooked sous vide to a lower temperature is outstanding and will change your opinion about white meat chicken. I'm not saying it'll become your new fave, just that it's so much better than what you're used to.

It's not that I won't eat the breast meat, because I do love a thick, juicy baked chicken breast. But you're right, it depends on how it's cooked. And, of course, a nice BBQ breast straight from the grill is delicious. But even better from the grill is a plate full of thighs and legs!

There's lots of different views. Depends on the dish.

Tikka Masala isn't the same without white meat.

Halal cart chicken over rice isn't the same without dark meat.

To bring it back home, my wife often laughs when she sees my brick of frozen pearl onions in cream sauce somewhere squirreled away in either the kitchen or garage fridges.

Pagans, the lot, who disparage pearl onions in cream sauce on a Holy Day.

Last edited:
I used to be a "white meat only" eater. Now we mostly cook chicken thighs.

There's lots of different views. Depends on the dish.

Tikka Masala isn't the same without white meat.

Halal cart chicken over rice isn't the same without dark meat.

To bring it back home, my wife often laughs when she sees my brick of frozen pearl onions in cream sauce somewhere squirreled away in either the kitchen or garage fridges.

Pagans, the lot, who disparage pearl onions in cream sauce on a Holy Day.

Protect those onions ;)

Pearl onions in cream sauce is like heaven on a plate to me.

Back
Top Bottom