Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
In other words, verbatim is verboten.
Groan

Old 01-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda0818 View Post
Wait... you picked out the chicken from a chicken pot pie?

The beans and pearl onions, yum.
White chicken, white turkey, any white bird meat. I don't like it. But the dog gobbled it right up. Didn't go to waste.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:35 AM   #23
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
White chicken, white turkey, any white bird meat. I don't like it. But the dog gobbled it right up. Didn't go to waste.
Well that's a good thing

I love any kind of poultry. Chicken being my favorite. I'm a dark meat gal, though. I'll eat chicken breast and turkey breast, etc, but I prefer the dark stuff.
Linda0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well that's a good thing

I love any kind of poultry. Chicken being my favorite. I'm a dark meat gal, though. I'll eat chicken breast and turkey breast, etc, but I prefer the dark stuff.
I only buy the legs and thighs of the bird. Pirate love the breast. If he is lucky and I am in a good mood, I will pick up a couple of chicken breast for him. What he does with them is his choice. We eat separate meals on the night he cooks his chicken breasts.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #25
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I only buy the legs and thighs of the bird. Pirate love the breast. If he is lucky and I am in a good mood, I will pick up a couple of chicken breast for him. What he does with them is his choice. We eat separate meals on the night he cooks his chicken breasts.

This is the same thing I went through with Matthew (my SO, rest his soul). I wanted legs and thighs and he would only eat the breast meat.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #26
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:

This is the same thing I went through with Matthew (my SO, rest his soul). I wanted legs and thighs and he would only eat the breast meat.
Aside from my SO I know no one who prefers dark meat poultry. One daughter even refuses to try duck because, "It's all dark meat."
Old 01-30-2019, 02:25 PM   #27
Senior Cook

I'm another dark meat guy; unless I'm slicing things for Chinese or other stir-fries, I prefer thighs, and I like the fact that boneless, skinless thighs are now as available as boneless, skinless breasts. I use them in recipes calling for diced chicken, though the thighs are a little irregular.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Aside from my SO I know no one who prefers dark meat poultry. One daughter even refuses to try duck because, "It's all dark meat."
Well here's the thing... I like dark meat when it comes to chicken and turkey, but I don't like duck. It's just bitter and greasy to me. The only time I'll eat duck is if my cousin and I go to a local Chinese place for lunch. We'll often order the Pineapple Duck and split it. But I think the reason I can eat it then is because the flavor of the duck is masked by all the pineapple and the sweet sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperhead212 View Post
I'm another dark meat guy; unless I'm slicing things for Chinese or other stir-fries, I prefer thighs, and I like the fact that boneless, skinless thighs are now as available as boneless, skinless breasts. I use them in recipes calling for diced chicken, though the thighs are a little irregular.
Ditto on all. If I'm doing a stir-fry, I'll use chicken breast. But yes on those boneless/skinless thighs. LOVE them. I also love turkey thighs, roasting them to get the skin nice and crispy.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #29
Certified Pretend Chef

As a side note, chicken breast cooked sous vide to a lower temperature is outstanding and will change your opinion about white meat chicken. I'm not saying it'll become your new fave, just that it's so much better than what you're used to.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #30
Senior Cook

It's not that I won't eat the breast meat, because I do love a thick, juicy baked chicken breast. But you're right, it depends on how it's cooked. And, of course, a nice BBQ breast straight from the grill is delicious. But even better from the grill is a plate full of thighs and legs!

Tags
glaze, onion, onions, pear, recipe

Glazed Pearl Onions Must. Make. These! [url]https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/11/glazed-pearl-onions.html[/url] 3 stars 1 reviews