Granola's Red Pepper Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Here's a recipe from a friend of mine that sounds delicious. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Gran's Red Pepper Sandwich

2 med roasted red peppers (or jarred)
5 petitie croissants (I use whole wheat buns to cut the fat)
5 pieces boston letuce
l/4 lb. proschuttio
5 slices provolone cheese
5 slice raddichio or red leaf lettuce

top with baisil vinaigretti:
l/2 cup chopped fresh basil
6 table. olive oil
2 table. red wine vinegar
l clove garlic minced

Whirl together in a blender or mix with hand held blender

Cut peppers into strips and build the sandwich in what ever order you like. VERY good and classy looking on a plate.

Sounds very good, Connie. What could we use if we were roasting green peppers? I'm thinking some kind of queso blanco (Mex. white cheese) or Havarti.

mudbug said:
Sounds very good, Connie. What could we use if we were roasting green peppers? I'm thinking some kind of queso blanco (Mex. white cheese) or Havarti.

So what of the recipie calls for just red peppers, I say use any color pepper you have on hand.

That sandwhich is sure going to be high in sodium with all that proschuttio in it.

The original recipe sounds wonderful (and I'd use the croissants!) and Mud - your idea sounds great too!! I think havarti and yellows would be fun, as would red and green with queso fresco. Of course, me loving fatty things, I'd use a bit of crema and avocado on the last sandwich :)

(ps - kleenex, even though I'm a meat eater, I like non-meat ones too!)

this is probably inappropriate for this sandwich, but i just love hot italian sausage with my peppers. it's a combo that works for me every time. i'm fairly sure the spicy-ness would easily overpower all of the other flavors though.

Constance, that sandwich sounds great. I'd skip proscuitto only because I dont like it, and maybe use smoked ham.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom