"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
Senior Cook

I did mention not mention that the Gratin Dauphinois is much better on the following day. I don't know why, it's just that way ;)

frenchguycooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
Sous Chef

I ADORE potatoes done this way.There is nothing I know of that goes as well with confit de Canard or Roast chicken. You haven't left anything out that i can see but there is one ingredient that I add, and that is a couple of sprigs of chopped rosemary leaves. Thank you for sharing this wonderful treat.

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I haven't looked at this video yet, but I loved your quiche lorraine video...did you do all the voices in the quiche lorraine video? It was very funny..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
This is like Danish cream potatoes. Love 'em.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by menumaker View Post
I ADORE potatoes done this way.There is nothing I know of that goes as well with confit de Canard or Roast chicken. You haven't left anything out that i can see but there is one ingredient that I add, and that is a couple of sprigs of chopped rosemary leaves. Thank you for sharing this wonderful treat.
This is indeed a very nice idea. I love rosemary and it has that meat-connection that goes so well.... Thanks you very much for your comment !
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
I haven't looked at this video yet, but I loved your quiche lorraine video...did you do all the voices in the quiche lorraine video? It was very funny..
Thanks bethzaring !
Yes I did. My point is that even if it's useful, it can be funny ;)
Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
This is like Danish cream potatoes. Love 'em.
I've never eaten Danish Cream Potatoes. I ve just googled them and indeed it looks very similar. It's a small world isn't it?

Tags
cream, garlic, potato, recipe

Gratin Dauphinois Recipe Hello to all, My second submission to this friendly forum will be a Gratin Dauphinois. I ve got the recipe from my mother. This is a very comforting dish, a winter special ;)) This is a perfect side dish for a roasted beef for example (big stomach), or for a fresh and zingy salad (normal stomach)... Here you will find a photo and the recipe in text format. This time I won't be posting the link to the video because it doesn't respect the guidelines of this forum (but it is available anyway). [IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1740/screenshotun.jpg[/IMG] Ingredients ---------------- - About ten potatoes - 3 cups double cream - nutmeg - clove of garlic - salt - pepper Cookware -------------- - Oven proof dish - Pan - slicer, mandolin (not required) Instructions ----------------- - Slice the potatoes into thin stripes ( 3 to 4 mm thick) - Season them with salt and pepper - put 3 cups of double cream and a clove of garlic without the skin in a pan - Get the double cream to a boil - Lower the heat - Season with salt pepper and grated nutmeg - In the oven proof dish, one layer of cream then one layer of potatoes and so on - In the oven at 180C or 360F for 40 to 45 min - Out of the oven, spread the grated cheese on top then back in the oven grill mode - 10 minutes or so - Et voila : perfect Gratin Dauphinois ! If you have questions, or if you think something is missing please tell me and I will correct it. Thanks for reading, Hope to hear from you Gab 3 stars 1 reviews