Hello to all,
My second submission to this friendly forum will be a Gratin Dauphinois. I ve got the recipe from my mother. This is a very comforting dish, a winter special ;))
This is a perfect side dish for a roasted beef for example (big stomach),
or for a fresh and zingy salad (normal stomach)...
Here you will find a photo and the recipe in text format.
This time I won't be posting the link to the video because it doesn't respect the guidelines of this forum (but it is available anyway).
- About ten potatoes
- 3 cups double cream
- clove of garlic
- Oven proof dish
- slicer, mandolin (not required)
- Slice the potatoes into thin stripes ( 3 to 4 mm thick)
- Season them with salt and pepper
- put 3 cups of double cream and a clove of garlic without the skin in a pan
- Get the double cream to a boil
- Lower the heat
- Season with salt pepper and grated nutmeg
- In the oven proof dish, one layer of cream then one layer of potatoes and so on
- In the oven at 180°C or 360°F for 40 to 45 min
- Out of the oven, spread the grated cheese on top then back in the oven grill mode
- 10 minutes or so
- Et voila : perfect Gratin Dauphinois !
If you have questions, or if you think something is missing please tell me and I will correct it.
Thanks for reading,
Hope to hear from you