"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
I make a stuffed one too, but its actually quite simple.
I cant remember ALL the ingredients, but these are the ones I do.

1 zuchinni or squash (I usually use butternut or buttercup for this)
1/4 pound of Velveeta chopped into small bites
sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 tbs of butter

Cut open the squash, and cut out some of the meat, chop into smaller pieces, mix with the cheese, crackers, brown sugar and butter. Stuff into the squash shell, and bake.

I know it sounds like a crazy combination, first time I saw the recipe, my face looked like I had sucked down a whole lemon, lol. But I tried it, and it has this yummy crispy sweet crust over the top of it. SO yummy!
If I find the proper recipe, I will update!!

Sheyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Another C&P, Thanks GG!

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Maybe I got the Idea from GG. I stuff Taco Zuke boats with piled up layered with a little refried beans, taco filling, salsa or salsa on the side, depending how Stuffed they are, what have you, and top with a layer of cheese and bake. I think tipping them upside down empty and grilling before filling and returning to the grill to heat may be just the ticket.

O. I made Weekend breakfast once. Zuke shells, cooked scramble eggs and sausage and caramelized onion and again cheese on top. A juxtaposition to serve alongside some quiche? or some other dish. For some reason, I don't' recall that was as successful even though in theory it should have been. Zukes. Your summer's Best Friend.

Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

recipe, zucchini

Grilled Stuffed Zucchini Boats Grilled Stuffed Zucchini Boats 1 large zucchini 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 cup red onion, chopped 1/4 cup green bell pepper -- chopped 1/4 cup red bell pepper seeded and chopped 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 medium tomato, chopped 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half with a sharp knife so that the zucchini will sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shells. Brush insides of shells with 1 tbsp. olive oil and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes to soften. Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts in small bowl; set aside. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a saute pan. Add the pulp from the zucchini, the peppers, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir. Saute over medium high heat until all of the liquid has evaporated, 3-4 minutes. Add tomato and 1/2 the parsley and oregano and cook for a couple more minutes. Remove from heat. Add the bread crumb mixture and mix well. Fill the shells with the filling. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese evenly over each zucchini boat. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and oregano. Preheat the grill to medium. Grill the zucchini boats with the lid closed over medium heat until the shells are tender, about 10 minutes. 3 stars 1 reviews