Hasselback baked potato?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like it should work but you won't get any browning on the edges of the slices.

In the summer heat, I like to use my outside grill as an oven. You can make your grill an "indirect heat" oven by only putting charcoal on the very outside of the grill. Then, cook in the very middle. I also use a tin shield about 5 inches tall that makes a ring around the grill. You want the heat to go up the sides without hitting the food directly.

Those taters will cook perfectly in the grill that way. The smokey flavor just adds to the dish.

That sounds tasty. Problem is that the microwave doesn't really bake the potato, it steams it.

If you have somewhere to grill, I would go for roasting the potato on the grill. We are not big fan of microwaved potatoes.

those special microwave baking potatoes? no they are not the same/as good as the ones you bake yourself in the oven, but good enough for me when i can have a baked potato in 5 minutes vs. NOT have my baked potato because it's going to take 1 1/4 hours to cook....

Back
Top Bottom