Homemade Carrot Juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
I'm bringing food to my fiancee's work party this saturday, and one of the dishes I'd like to construct will use carrot "caviar" as a garnish, and that requires carrot juice. Here's my question: is it possible to make fresh carrot juice without a juicer? I thought if I first cut the carrots into small dice I might be able to use a blender, and then strain the juice through a cloth-lined chinois. I also though the food processor might be an option, using a similar method.

Any ideas?

I don't know if either method would work, but I have had fresh carrot juice right out of a commercial type juicer and it is fabulous!!! What's funny I really don't care to much for carrots...Go figure! If the blender/processor doesn't work maybe you can find a source for some fresh juice locally.

I don't think either of your methods would work, either. There is nothing like fresh homemade carrot juice, made from a quality, high powered juicer. It beats the juice made at the juice bar. If there is no health food store with a juice bar near you, try the Odwalla brand carrot juice. I believe it can be purchased at Trader Joe's and other large supermarkets.

Personally I don't see why pulping the carrots and then straining wouldn't work but it would probably be a pain doing it. Try it with a couple of carrots and see what you think. You won't be out of pocket by much more than your time.

If you don't have a juicer, haven't you got a friend that you could visit and use theirs? Give them some of the juice as a thank you.

But otherwise, how about having a chat to your local juice bar and seeing if you can get the quantity you want at a reasonable price? They can only say no.

Uncle Bob,
Carrots have a high content of sugar. That's probably why you like the juice way more than the carrot itself (same thing here)

Uncle Bob,
Carrots have a high content of sugar. That's probably why you like the juice way more than the carrot itself (same thing here)

I think you are right! I have enjoyed the fresh juice, but when I eat carrots (cooked) in stew, soups etc, I always par-boil. I cannot stand the sweet taste it gives stews etc. Just my personal taste.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies everyone... I did some additional searching last night, and it seems that if you have a good powerful blender, a grater and some time to squeeze juice through a cloth you can make yourself some fresh carrot juice.

However, it seemed like that was an awful lot of work just for the garnish component of this app, and I went to about 4 different stores this morning, and eventually found some 100% orange juice. Thanks for all the tips !

Well, looks like I am too late, but I regularly make carrot juice by simply gratting the carrotsa and then straining the juice using a nilon stockings.

Back
Top Bottom