ISO "bulk up" energy food/recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megamu

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone :)

I'm looking to gain a few pounds in muscle this summer. I'm about 130 right now, but I work out more than I used to. I bike over 10 miles a day and I lift once a week.

The thing is most vegetarian food I've been cooking for myself has left me with not enough energy.

I should note that I'm 21, a student, and I have a 60 hour a week work schedule. I don't often have more than 30-45 minutes tops to craft up a dinner, and lunches unfortunately right now are café bought :\.

I'm curious to know if anyone has any GREAT vegetarian recepies with tons of energy packed in them, something that will turn into muscle bulk as I workout. It also helps if it tastes great, which coming from this forum I wouldn't doubt :). Above all I'm just excited to get new reciepies!

Thanks so much
Lee

Eggplant or portobella mushrooms heaped with tomatoes and cheese and broiled. Both the eggplant and mushroom need to be pre-baked 15 or 20 minutes.

Collard greens (there are good ones frozen or canned) with cannelini beans.
Hummus on whole grain bread with a slice of tomato.
You need to find a lot more protein for your diet.

Beans over brown rice (or any grain) is a wonderful protein plus you can fry up any veggies you'd like in the pan before you add the beans.

Buy canned beans or tofu, buy the boil in bag rice and you can get prechopped veggies at the salad bar. This type of dinner should take about 15 min to fix.

Back
Top Bottom