ISO Fordhook Frozen Lima Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lapry

Assistant Cook
I live in the Los Angeles, CA, area, and I can no longer find Fordhook frozen lima beans! I happen to like them very much, but NOBODY seems to carry them any longer. Also, the market I frequent has stopped carrying frozen broccoli spears as well. What is happening to the variety that the supermarket used to have for its customers? Can any of you tell me a source where I may buy the lima beans (NOT baby limas - they are different!).

David McCanne

Last edited by a moderator:
I googled "Fordhook Lima frozen" and came up with several Walmarts near me that carry them. Walmart.com, in the grocery section you can put in your zip code and it will tell you if a store near you carries them.

Good Luck

Katy

Walmart doesn't sell this product in any store that is within a hundred mile radius!

You can tell what a dope I am--I looked them up, thinking Fordhook was a brand name! I didn't realize they were a type of lima bean. Anyway, I found the link for Pictsweet, which is sold in most stores. Maybe you could contact them for the store nearest you that sells them. Otherwise, maybe a store near you could place a special order for them if you request them. Many stores will do that. Pictsweet - Premium Frozen Vegetables

:)Barbara

Are Fordhooks the same as butter beans? Because if they are, I found a website where you can order them (frozen). But I'm not sure they are what you're looking for. Check it out and see. I can't post the link but it's calhoun produce . com

I emailed Gelsons and they got back to me and after a few weeks Fordhook Lima Beans - frozen from Picsweet -- were there in the Silver Lake Gelson's. They may be in the Franklin Gelson's too. We ate them tonight and they were delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom