ISO Kohlrabi Recipe Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CWS4322 said:
If you have a mandolin, a dehydrator, some kohlrabi, a pepper mill, and a salt mill--kohlrabi chips rock!

Sounds good! Just as long as they don't taste like brussels sprouts....

Last edited:
i've had kohlrabi tempura before that was really good.

i'm too late, but i was going to suggest slicing it thinly with onions, sweating in butter or evoo, adding fresh herbs and a vinegar, then using the mix to stuff whole fish for baking.

just a thought.

i'm too late, but i was going to suggest slicing it thinly with onions, sweating in butter or evoo, adding fresh herbs and a vinegar, then using the mix to stuff whole fish for baking.

just a thought.
BT--You are not too late--I have soooooo many kohlrabi waiting. Not to mention the 70 lb of tomatoes. Too many veggies to process

I was looking for s/thing to do with the kohlrabi where I could just walk away. LOVE, LOVE, the kohlrabi chips. Re: do they taste like sprouts...they taste like concentrated kohlrabi...and the Brussels sprouts are gonna be ready soon.....

BT - how was the week in Amishland?

just a thought.
You're not late. I just happen to have a half dozen kohlrabi sitting in my fridge. :chef:

steve, let us know how you cook the little sputniks ( lol, cerise).

in keeping with the tempura idea, i guess you could also do a kimchee kohlrabi.

cws, amish country was great, thanks. beautiful, pastoral scenery, beautiful weather, great food, and both indoor and outdoor pools at the resort.

southern pa. has definitely not been affected by the drought. everywhere we went the corn was as high as an elephant's eye, the soybeans hanging low and heavy, and we got to watch many farms hand harvesting huge tobacco plants in the fields.

i'm amazed at how the amish do it all without any powered machines. just mules and ceturies old manual tools.

we brought home a lot of the most delicious treats, from fresh peach and blueberry pies, to whoopie pies, to jarred vanilla peaches, and lots of fruit right from the farm where they were grown. canteloupe, watermelon, nectarines, etc., etc..
the car was stuffed with gift bags and coolers on the way home. we even rescued and brought home a stray cat that was living out of the resort's garbage cans, but that's another story.

no kohlrabi, though, lol. (just to get back on topic). :)

Back
Top Bottom