ISO more ways to use cucumbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seem to be having a hard time finding the salmon recipe. I even looked here at DC, where I'm sure I posted the link, but here's what it's called: Vietnamese Salmon Rice Bowl with Ginger-Lime SauceSteamed white rice topped with fingers of Vietnamese, pan-roasted salmon and thinly sliced Kirby cucumbers dressed with a fresh ginger infused lime sauce
I'm sure I have the recipe printed out in my pile 'o recipes. I made it for PPPC I a few years ago when Cleveland Played Seattle.
I am enjoying the thought of the conversation chez Pac -

"What are we having for dinner, dear?"

"Oh, nothing much, just (deep breath) Vietnamese Salmon Rice Bowl with Ginger-Lime Sauce Steamed white rice topped with fingers of Vietnamese, pan-roasted salmon and thinly sliced Kirby cucumbers dressed with a fresh ginger infused lime sauce"

Seriously though, it sounds delicious.

39817-albums371-picture5871.jpg
[/IMG]

Wasabi mayo cucumber cups.
Ahh! Love the turtle and I wouldn't want to eat him

It was, MC. And since Seattle is known for it's seafood and Vietnamese cooking, it fit right in with my football themed dinner. I just don't understand why I can find the dinner but not the recipe, but I've got it printed out for future reference.

I use cucumber peels to discourage ants. It really works but not as good as hitting each ant with a hammer. :LOL:

Thanks, CWS. I picked seven cucumbers the Saturday we left for the beach, and our pet-sitter had picked seven more during the week we were gone and left them on the kitchen counter. I gave three of the seven to my cousins and other family who were staying across the street from us.

Some Will Farrell comedy skit has him in some TV execs office interview and he's drinking their classy expensive water with a slice of cucumber hanging on the side of the glass. Even tho the meeting goes nowhere for him, Will Farrells character is jazzed and he remarks how refreshingly good the water is, the slice of cucumber and all. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom