ISO Potato ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to make potatoes wedges.
Let me remind you not a low calorie dish.
no extact measurments either

Fry up some bacon and save the grease. crumble the bacon.
cut the poatoes into wedges and place in a bowl.
pour the bacon grease over the potatoes and mix till coated.
If you didn't get much bacon grease from cooking add some olive oil.
sprinke with spices of choice ( I use Emeril's Bam mix which you can get the recipe form the food tv.com) like garlic. onion powder, salt pepper, paprika, chili powder or cayenne pepper. and mix till all is coated again
then line them up on a cookie sheet (with edges) and bake 350 degree till done approx 35-45 min depending on oven and then put on shredded cheese. I use parm cheese and sharp cheese. sometime i use pepper jack and parm. Mozzeralla and parm all depends on what you like. and sprinkle the top with the bacon bits - Then heat till cheese melted and dig in. serve with sour cream. Daughter put hot sauce on them. My family doesn't even wait for them to cool alittle. Remenber not a low calorie or cholestrol dish. but once in a while -- what the heck you have to splurge once and awhile.

Last edited:
There was a Chef called Bautte. I think he was French, though he did a lot of cooking in London and I believe he was Chef at the Hans Crescent Hotel. He wrote a book on 239 ways of cooking potatoes.

There are so many ways to cook potatoes,: boiled or steamed, mashed, fried in butter or oil, deep fried, cooked slowly in a casserole with stock, milk, cream, or a sauce, baked dry in the oven, baked in embers, or cooked dry in the microwave.

It seems as though every Chef has devised his own ways ( I have five recipes for Gratin Dauphinois!) The Spaniards cook potatoes in Garlic and Almond Sauce, or with Rosemary, or with a Green Sauce. And there seems to be an infinite way of dealing with mashed potato.

And you can always bake them and stuff them.

And when it comes to frying, every Chef seems to have a recipe. Just look at the many ways to make Rösti Potatoes.

my really loved dear husband :bash: brought some!!! potatoes with him.. just about 22pounds...
we will have potatoes for the next months I think..
yesterday I started with mashed potatoes, today we have skinpotatoes with Zaziki, tomorrow we are invited for a bbq, but I have to search for something for the coming days... :wacko:

Cara: I'd vary between baked potatoes, mashed, scalloped or oven fries as a side dish for dinner, and then I'd use the rest to make skillets in the mornings :) It's easy to vary with that too, depending how you season them and whether you shred them, cut into cubes or slices... Then again, I'm french. I wouldn't mind eating potatoes with every meal, every day. Sadly in the weather here, they don't even last a day on my counter! I'm stuck buying the premade mashed potatoes!

Back
Top Bottom