ISO Potato Technique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this just for presentation or is it used to get more flavor (spices) into the tater?

Do they cook quicker since they are opened up as opposed to roasting without the cuts in them?

They do look good. :yum: But then again I never met a tater I didn't like. :rolleyes:

Is this just for presentation or is it used to get more flavor (spices) into the tater?

Do they cook quicker since they are opened up as opposed to roasting without the cuts in them?

They do look good. :yum: But then again I never met a tater I didn't like. :rolleyes:
I don't know if they cook quicker. I have never done it with big potatoes. It makes for more crisp on the potato. It does get flavours into the potato, but I consider that secondary to the texture that these potatoes get.

I like the idea of a crisp potato. Is that the texture you refer to? Can I do this with unpeeled taters? Guess I'll just have to try this myself to see. I'm also open to any spice combinations that are suggested. Taters are my friend.:yum:

I like the idea of a crisp potato. Is that the texture you refer to? Can I do this with unpeeled taters? Guess I'll just have to try this myself to see. I'm also open to any spice combinations that are suggested. Taters are my friend.:yum:
They are crisp on the outside and soft inside. Yes, it can be done with unpeeled potatoes. I peeled mine because they were in a clear plastic bag and had turned a bit green in the store.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom