ISO Potato Technique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
A while back, someone posted a recipe, rather, a technique for roasting potatoes. I think the op called them 'camelback potatoe'. I've done a search on DC, and all over google and have not been able to find them.

I've made these and they are great. I'm just trying to get the proper name for this unique potato presentation.

To make this dish, you peel a russet, or yukon gold spud, leavin one side flat so that the potato will sit still on that side. You then make very thin slices sideways to the length, from the top, and almost through the potato. Finally, brush with butter, or a compound butter and sprinkle with paprika, or other colorful herb and bake until tender. The potato gently fans out to make a very attractive, and delicious presentation.

What is this dish called. I need to know.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That sounds very familiar.

I think it was posted by "Old Blue" Where is she?

Check the Outdoor cooking section.

chief, I am so glad you asked about these potatoes. They look great and I am going to fix some right after I get off my low carb diet. need to lose a few pounds so I can get into my swimsuit.lol.

I have never cut a slice off the bottom. I use a wood spoon to hold the potato while I cut it vertically. The wooden spoon not only keeps the potato from rolling around, it helps to keep from cutting all the way through the potato.

I have never cut a slice off the bottom. I use a wood spoon to hold the potato while I cut it vertically. The wooden spoon not only keeps the potato from rolling around, it helps to keep from cutting all the way through the potato.

I would need to see this technique to understand how you are doing it.

I looked, but I don't seem to have taken any pictures. But, that gave me the idea of making them with supper tonight. I can take pix and will post them later.

Thanks TL!

I may make some of those too...adding taters to my shopping list.

Here's the pix of last night's Hasselback potatoes. I put the wooden spoon on the handle slot of my cutting board, so it doesn't tip from side to side while I'm cutting the taters.

I just have to figure out how to make them fan out more.

Attachments

• Hasselback potatoes 1.gif
    Hasselback potatoes 1.gif
    184.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Hasselback potatoes 2.gif
    Hasselback potatoes 2.gif
    174.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Hasselback potatoes 3.gif
    Hasselback potatoes 3.gif
    152.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Hasselback potatoes 4.gif
    Hasselback potatoes 4.gif