ISO Stuffed Pepper Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My garden has given me a whole bunch of red peppers. They are huge and ready for stuffing, anyone have some good recipes? Thanks in advance for all your help!

I don't know what type of pepper you have but my DH loves stuffed peppers..I use all types but one of his favorites is either a pasilla or a poblano I mix a cup of jack cheese, a small amount of jalapeno about a 1/4 tea. he is not crazy about firey hot things some cumin about a 1/2 tea. and some oregano Greek type 1-tea. you can add to the herb and pepper amount yourself if you like a heavy flavor and heat. blacken the peppers,peel off skin, then remove core and seeds. mix all other ingredients together and pack this into the pblackened peppers fairly tight. Wrap in foil put in small baking dish or dish big enough to just hold them bake at 350 just til cheese melts Serve with your favorite slasa, a corn salsa or an avocado salsa are both wonderful with these peppers..You can also serve with tostadas and any grilled meat. If you would like your peppers with some meat, brown some ground beef just enough to break it up and make it crumble, ad some tiny diced pre-cooked white or yellow onion and yukon gold potatoe, blend all to gether with a little garlic and stuff some blackened and peeled poblano with this, bake covered til heated throug..DH like a lightly spiced tomatoe based sauce to pour over this at will..
kadesma :)

Another variation is to add precooked wild rice to the ground beef instead of potatoes and to add some paprika and flour and finally some sour cream to the liquid that is drawn if you cook the peppers in a Dutch Oven. Pour the sour cream gravy over the stuffing contents inside the pepper just before eating.

I have a number of stuffed pepper recipes, but I think the thing I can offer is a couple of easy ways to cook them. Stuffed peppers have a tendency to fall over. Depending on the size of the peppers, I either put mine in an angel food cake pan (tube pan) or individually in the cups of a large muffin pan. No tipping.

Back
Top Bottom