ISO Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yakuta

Head Chef
Hi Folks, Can someone please share their favorite sweet potato souffle or some other recipe with me.

Just like every year this year too I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house. I always get nominated. As always I am pretty much making everything. I used help from Costco for my appetizers but I am making the entire dinner on my own.

Every year I make a standard sweet potato souffle with a crunchy topping. This year I wanted to do something different. Can someone please share ideas.

I have a turkey that I will roast, mash potatoes and gravy, homemade corn bread, stuffing cooked seperately in a pan and a sweet potato souffle.

Thanks

Yak,

This is my favorite!
:ohmy:

SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE

3 large sweet potatoes; boiled, peeled and mashed
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup butter; softened
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla

Topping:

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup pecans; chopped

Mix first 7 ingredients with a mixer until smooth. Place in a lightly greased, 9x13 baking dish. Mix the topping ingredients, and spread over potato mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden .

There are a few I like. One is sweet potatoes served in orange cups/shells. (There is a recipe on this site & Food Network's site.) Another is sweet potato balls. The cooked sweet potatoes are rolled in chopped nuts & baked. Let me know if either appeal to you, & I will PM.

Thank you both. Amy, it would be great if you can send me the sweet potato balls rolled in nuts recipe. That sounds different and interesting and may make for a nice presentation on my buffet.

Here's mine. It's not as sweet as most, but is absolutely delicious.

Sweet Potato Casserole:

2 lg (30 oz) cans sweet potatoes (yams), mashed (or 3 cups fresh, baked, and mashed)
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
½ stick butter
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 stick butter

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 2 qt. casserole dish. In mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes with the other casserole ingredients and transfer to casserole dish. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Serves 8-12 people.

Here's another great side dish:

Squash Casserole

5 or 6 yellow squash, cut in one inch pieces
2 med. onions, chopped

½ stick butter
salt & pepper to taste
1 lg. egg
½ cup saltines, crushed
¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated
sliced, blanched almonds for garnish

Cook squash and onions in salted water (to barely cover) until tender, about 15 or 20 minutes. Drain, add butter, egg, salt and pepper to taste, and stir it all together, mashing slightly. Stir in most of the cheese and cracker meal, then sprinkle the rest on as a topping, and garnish with sliced almonds. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. NOTE: If using salted crackers, be careful not to oversalt the squash.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom