K-L's Fancy Fresh Corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I made this last night, and it was so good I thought I'd pass it on.

This could be served as a relish, chilled salad, or a warm side dish.

Fancy Fresh Corn

4 ears of fresh corn kernels, plus any juices
6 strips of bacon
1/3 cup green onions chopped with some of the green.
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1 seeded and deveined Jalapeno, chopped

salt, pepper, and I like Accent added too.
The juice of a whole lime
Fresh torn basil (optional)

Cook the bacon till crisp in a pan, and pour off almost all of the fat. Add the vegetables and cook for a minute or so keeping them crisp tender.
Add the corn with juices and cook just until the raw corn flavor is gone..3 minutes or so. Add the seasonings and juice of a fresh lime, along with fresh basil if you have it.
Serve chilled or warm.

Last edited:
Looks great Kay, but you forgot to put in the step about cutting off the cob, though any experienced cook would figure that out of course.

Sounds yummy :yum:

I just cut the corn off in planks - they don't go flying everywhere and I feel like the bundt pan method is a little dangerous. Plus I don't have another pan to clean.

Last edited:
I sort'a agree with GG. Plus I usually stand it on the stem end, cut down and in to the point. Seems I get a cleaner slice like that and not gouge into the cob so much.

Sounds yummy :yum:

I just cut the corn off in planks - they don't go flying everywhere and I feel like the bundt pan method is a little dangerous. Plus I don't have another pan to clean.

I abandoned the bunt pan idea a while ago, but the video isn't that if you watch carefully.
Anyway, whatever works, works. ;)

Back
Top Bottom