Kale chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for your advice TL. I have always considered leafy vegetables to be amont the "dirty dozen" as far as pesticide contamination. Too bad that just when you find your vegetables are your best nutritional friends you also discover that the best among them are the most heavily pesticide laden. Oh the irony.

Kale grows upright so it doesn't take a lot of space, it is not terribly attractive to bugs, etc. (chickens love it, however). If you have a flower bed, I'd consider adding some kale plants....We dig kale plants up in the fall and keep them in pots in the shop during the winter. We love the little tender leaves...It is sweeter after the first frost, but you can sweeten it up by tossing it in the freezer for about 1/2 hour.

Found small bags of them ("Kale Krunch" by kaiafoods) at the local Whole Food market's snack isle. In several flavors: cheesy, tarragon dijon & orange creamsicle. I purchased 'Southwestern Ranch with just a little kick' for a whopping $5. I'd open and try some, but I purchased it as a gift for an acquaintance who recently gave me some kale leaves and this head of bok choi cabbage from his plot in a community garden.
img_1111597_0_1a5a6763911f5b68aa96c68ae17349c3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom