Marinated Vegetable Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Marinated Vegetable Salad

Yield: 6 servings
3/4 cup ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 can (15-oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled seeded and chopped
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 can (4-oz.) ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
Procedures
1 Lettuce leaves (optional)
2 COMBINE salsa, lime juice, parsley and olive oil in large bowl. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, avocado, zucchini and chiles. Toss well to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve over lettuce.

Rainee, Thanks, This looks like just what I need to go along with shredded pork tacos tomorrow night.

thanks again,
kadesma:)

Italian Marinated Vegetable Salad

1 pkt Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing mix, prepared
8 oz fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
black and/or green olives, sliced
grape tomatoes
freshly grated parmesan cheese
juilienned hard salami
salad greens, your choice

Combine Italian dressing, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and olives, and allow to marinate for an hour or two. Assemble salads on small plates, ladle mixture over top, and finish with cheese and salami. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and serve with crusty bread.

*note* roasted red peppers are nice in this too. Sometimes I use a potato peeler to make thin curls of the parmesan, instead of grating.

Great

These salads sound great! Thanks for sharing. Will be sure to make them soon as possible, especially when the summer comes around. Sometimes we just eat corn on cob and fresh tomatoes but then they want bread or noodles to help out. I always look forward to fresh produce. Right now we are enjoying fresh aspargus and strawberries. We are lucky to have farmer's market to go to in the summer. Something I wish we had year round. Maybe the reason I appreciate it so much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom